BA156

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you looked at the orifice under a loupe for nicks or scratches? Have you done the "bounce" test on the poppet and BC? Have you closely inspected the lever cut outs for any imperfections? Does the reg hold vacuum?

Knowing what the cracking actually is would be helpful.

I've had various readings on BA/156 that I've done and I, as a matter of course, replace all internals with new OEM parts, orifice, lever, S-wing poppet, spring and long crown X type BC. Regs are not precision and you will find differences between same models.

Good luck.

I have a 108 HP apart, It has the same spring part number so I’ll try that spring first like you suggested. Thanks
I think a newer spring is better. Even though the spring number is the same, there can be a difference between older and new ones when it comes to performance. I have tried reusing springs on G250 when upgrading the poppet to s-wing, but sometimes using a new spring instead can make a noticeable difference.

double post

Have you looked at the orifice under a loupe for nicks or scratches? Have you done the "bounce" test on the poppet and BC? Have you closely inspected the lever cut outs for any imperfections? Does the reg hold vacuum?

Knowing what the cracking actually is would be helpful.

I've had various readings on BA/156 that I've done and I, as a matter of course, replace all internals with new OEM parts, orifice, lever, S-wing poppet, spring and long crown X type BC. Regs are not precision and you will find differences between same models.

Good luck.
I should know next week when I have my gauge... bounce test passed, (finger cover orifice end of poppet, BC in place and pressing down on it, and it bounces back up, orifice knife edge looks good, lever good.

Replaced spring from 108, no help but have ordered a new one.

just did a vacuum test and it doesn't hold perfectly, after taking it apart and putting it back together again.

Removed cover and diaphragm reinstalled, holds vacuum now, same problem. Its like the initial release of the low pressure seat take more force after release seems to breath easy. Frustrating without parts. Will have to wait for vacuum gauge and new spring.

If it is doing the "click -> woosh", it is a lever issue that many of us have had to work with dealing with converting 109's to a BA, or updating a 156 to using the current s-wing poppet.

Chapters written here on SB.....

If it is doing the "click -> woosh", it is a lever issue that many of us have had to work with dealing with converting 109's to a BA, or updating a 156 to using the current s-wing poppet.

Chapters written here on SB.....
This is a BA, updated with the new s-wing but don’t know if they changed the lever. Do I need a different model lever?

Yeah, how slippery does the lever to diaphragm interface feel?

Should be very smooth feeling.

With cover off, how does depressing lever feel, any stickiness?

Yeah, how slippery does the lever to diaphragm interface feel?

Should be very smooth feeling.

With cover off, how does depressing lever feel, any stickiness?
The diaphragm all though flexible, when I run my fingers around it doesn’t feel smooth almost very slightly sticky including the cover, I’ve soaked them yesterday and cleaned them because they were really sticky before. So I replaced the cover and diagram with my 108,s and guess what problem solved. This was fun thanks to all.

Any ideas? I cleaned in warm soaping (baby shampoo) water. When the rubber breaks down does it usually get sticky?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom