Back again...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadada

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Down for another visit, just 5 days of diving this trip, today through Tuesday.

Got out in Jupiter with JDC today. It was quite rough, at least the 3-5 with occasional larger they predicted. Took a couple of good slams getting out of the inlet. Once we were out, it was not too bad. We did Spadefish Point and Scarface. Water was 73 degrees, visibility was about 40 feet. Couple of huge schools of Jacks at Spadefish, several Nurse Sharks, loggerheads, morays, the usual reef fish. No Lemons or Reef Sharks today. Glad I got out today.

Scheduled to go out of Boynton in the morning.

Two very good dives today with Loggerhead out of Boynton Beach. Capt Alex and mate Josh did a great job. Is was moderately rough out. Water temp was 75 degrees, visibility 40-50 feet. Did 007 outside to Clubhouse inside and Black Condo outside to inside. Several Nurse Sharks, lots of Lionfish outside, all the usual reef fish. After the 2nd dive, just had my fins off and around my wrists when a bid swell came through and launched the ladder. I let go and ended up behind the boat. Josh through me a tag line so I didn't have to put my fins back on. Good example of why you might want your fins and why you keep your reg in. A great day of diving.

Looks like things may calm down over the next 3 days, getting out in Boynton again tomorrow

Going to lay down later today, you'll be looking at 2' tomorrow. We'll be out there Expect a north current and good viz

Going to lay down later today, you'll be looking at 2' tomorrow. We'll be out there Expect a north current and good viz
It was a moderate north current today. I would appreciate the calmer seas and better vis, it has been quite a winter. Who are you going out with?

It was a moderate north current today. I would appreciate the calmer seas and better vis, it has been quite a winter. Who are you going out with?
Going out with friends on my boat. We'll probably go out of Boca and dive a few lobster spots. Then Lake Boca for a couple of cold ones.

I would appreciate the calmer seas and better vis, it has been quite a winter. Who are you going out with?

I've been in town to see family and friends for a day and a half. You guys are brave: I was on the Lake Worth pier and then at Two Georges for lunch and the marine and wind conditions looked awful. I was consoling myself that I didn't have time to dive on this trip, but I guess I could have if I sucked it up a bit. Hope the waves lay down for you

At least the boats are gong out in your area. I went out in Pompano Beach last Monday morning and got bounced around quite a bit. The afternoon dive was canceled. I have not even bothered to look at the schedule since then. I do go to the beach, and where I go is right across from the prime diving sites. There was nary a boat there all week. I don't think there were more than a handful of diveable days for the last month.

Got out again today from Boynton with Loggerhead. Beautiful day today, less wind, seas half what they were yesterday, maybe 2-3 feet. Water was 76 degrees, visibility was a little better, maybe 40-50 feet. There was a mild to moderate north current. Did 007 to Clubhouse and Sharkie's Ledge to Briney Breezes. Many Nurse Sharks, several Green Morays, quite a few Lionfish and lobster on the outside reef though was not looking for them. All the usual reef fish in good numbers. No turtles today. A friend on the boat saw a Hammerhead on his 1st dive, right time, right place, lucky guy.

Tomorrow and, particulary, Tuesday, look good. I may make it 5 for 5 on this short visit. Have not made plans for tomorrow yet, Boynton again, maybe Jupiter.

Got out of Boynton today with Starfish. It was a beautiful day, a bit rougher than predicted but fine. Water was 76, visibility 40-50 feet. 1st dive was south from the island down along the finger. The current was wacko, started slight south, went slack, pulled east for a while and then switched over to north. 2nd dive was north at Briney Breezes. For the first time ever while underwater, scuba diving, I had 2 dolphins swim by me, within just a couple of feet, what a treat. Late in the dive I watched a hunting Spotted Moray that was behaving a lot like a Sharptail Eel, even had 4 fish shadowing it, Spanish Hogfish, Bar Jack, and two others. I must have watched it for nearly 5 minutes, fascinating.

Great day of diving, one more this trip tomorrow out of Boynton

Tomorrow looks flat calm

Im heading further south to hit some beach spots for lobsters hopefully vis isn’t to bad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom