Back in SE FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadada

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I haven't dived since my birthday on January 25. Went out with Loggerhead out of Boynton Beach with Capt Alex and Mate Josh.

Wow, what a great day. Air temp in the low 80s, not much wind, seas 2-3 ft, visibility 30-40 ft, water temp 75 degrees. 1st dive outside reef 007/Grouper Hole with a late crossover to Clubhouse. Lemon Shark, couple of Nurse Sharks, couple of big, free swimming Green Morays and all the usual reef fish. 2nd dive outside reef at Green Roof with crossover to Briney Breezes. Highlight was a big Bull Shark with entourage of a large Cobia and a couple of big Sharksuckers.

Perfect drops and pickups by Capt Alex, 2 hours 20 minutes underwater. Nobody knows Boynton Beach like Alex :). Did not see another diver underwater all day :D

thanks for the update and review....where are you diving next?

I haven't dived since my birthday on January 25. Went out with Loggerhead out of Boynton Beach with Capt Alex and Mate Josh.

Wow, what a great day. Air temp in the low 80s, not much wind, seas 2-3 ft, visibility 30-40 ft, water temp 75 degrees. 1st dive outside reef 007/Grouper Hole with a late crossover to Clubhouse. Lemon Shark, couple of Nurse Sharks, couple of big, free swimming Green Morays and all the usual reef fish. 2nd dive outside reef at Green Roof with crossover to Briney Breezes. Highlight was a big Bull Shark with entourage of a large Cobia and a couple of big Sharksuckers.

Perfect drops and pickups by Capt Alex, 2 hours 20 minutes underwater. Nobody knows Boynton Beach like Alex :). Did not see another diver underwater all day :D

Alex is awesome!

thanks for the update and review....where are you diving next?
Did not get to dive today, rough and windy. Going out of West Palm tomorrow with Pura Vida. I'm actually here until the end of the month, plenty more diving over the next 8 days.

Went out on the Marin with Pura Vida today, my 1st trip with them. Nice boat, nice people. Did the Corridor in brisk current, went from Ana Cecilia to past China Barge. Second dive on North Double Ledges. Water was 75 degrees, visibility about 40 feet. Seas were probably 2-4, occ bigger, warm and sunny. Several Nurse Sharks, a Hawksbill, several Green Morays and the usual reef fish. I'll be going out with Narcosis in the morning.

If any of you locals are free, consider going out with Kevin and Underwater Explorers out of Boynton Beach on Saturday and/or Sunday

I was out on Marin last Monday (Presidents Day) and out with Kevin last Sunday. Unfortunately I already have weekend plans this coming weekend.

Went out with Narcosis out of West Palm today. Seas 2-3, 75-6 degrees, 30-40 ft vis. Ron's Rock was OK, nothing special. Breaker's 3rd Window had Lemon Shark, Nurse Shark, couple of big Southern Rays, couple large schools of Spadefish. Altogether, another nice day of diving. I will get out of Boynton Beach again tomorrow.

Four really good dives in Boynton Beach today with Loggerhead. Capt Jim and Mate Mia in the morning and Capt Alex and Mate Josh in the afternoon. It was warm and sunny, moderately windy. Seas started at 2-3, built to 3-4 occ bigger, luckily went back down in the afternoon. Water was 75-6 degrees, visibility mostly around 40 feet.

Did outside of Gulfstream with a crossover and Briney Breezes in the morning and Castle Ledge and 75 in the afternoon. All the dives were very good but it was definitely best for last. On 75, saw the same Bullshark about a half dozen times, at least 3 Nurse Sharks, a Hawksbill, a Loggerhead, a couple of big Green Morays, and all the usual reef fish. The 55 minutes went by way too fast. Back out with Loggerhead in the morning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom