Back inflate bcd tilting to the side

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would just get some regular webbing and secure it to the plate like I described above, you really just want to stop it from flapping around and shifting. Once you get your weighting dialed in, the wing probably won't have much gas in it. You've got this!
Thank you for the encouragement!

I am going diving tomorrow with a bag full of webing and different weights. Plus, a dive buddy with a ton of experience, so that should help😀

Hi guys, problem solved.

I removed the shoulder trim weight, and went a kg lower with the overall weight. A world of difference, everything was spot on, just awesome.

Also tried with more weight, to learn how to balance myself if I mess up the weight in the future (still waiting for delivery of my wetsuit) and I got the hang of it, but is a pain in comparison of effortless diving with proper weight.

As for the strap - tried diving with a shorter bungee instead of the strap, but didnt seem to have any effect on my balance, so I will let it be for now.

Will do some more diving on monday, but I think the problem was the weight itself. As I felt really comfortable with empty trim pockets, I will just ignore their existance in the future😀

Thank you for all the advice!

Hi guys, problem solved.

I removed the shoulder trim weight, and went a kg lower with the overall weight. A world of difference, everything was spot on, just awesome.

Also tried with more weight, to learn how to balance myself if I mess up the weight in the future (still waiting for delivery of my wetsuit) and I got the hang of it, but is a pain in comparison of effortless diving with proper weight.

As for the strap - tried diving with a shorter bungee instead of the strap, but didnt seem to have any effect on my balance, so I will let it be for now.

Will do some more diving on monday, but I think the problem was the weight itself. As I felt really comfortable with empty trim pockets, I will just ignore their existance in the future😀

Thank you for all the advice!
Hi @LuckyLuke

Keep an open mind. I dive a Scubapro Knighthawk all year around in Florida and dive a full 3 mm, 5 mm, and 7 mm wetsuit with or without a 5/3 mm hooded vest. I dive the 3 mm with 8 lbs of weight in the waist pockets. I dive the 5 mm with 14 lbs, 12 in the waist pockets and 2 in the trim pockets. I dive the 7 mm with 20 lbs, 16 in the waist pockets and 4 in the trim pockets. As per their name, the weight in the trim pockets helps me with proper trim when I am carrying the extra weight with thicker wetsuits.

You will learn your own best weighting with a variety of exposure protection. I would not abandon the idea of controlling the shifting of your wing by having it under more constraint.

Best of luck

Maybe you just naturally lean to one side.
At my first formal inspection in the Navy after my commissioning, after the inspecting officer corrected my tilt and lean, he asked me how many helicopter and car crashes I had been in, and I couldn't even begin to come up with a number.
Embrace the tilt/lean and love the feeling past 3atm when everything briefly fits back together again.

So i did a couple of more dives and too much weight was definitely a problem.

Thanks for all the tips and the link on how to check your weight.

Cheers,
Luka

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom