Back Inflated BC for Twin Tank Setting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phhappy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
:D Hi dear fellow divers. I plan on taking my first introduction to Tec diving this December in the pool, and I am interested in finding out which Back Inflated BCD can be easily configurated into a Twin Tank setting for the lesson.:confused: I know that I will not be a truely good tech diver since I cannot :shakehead:make oversea trip. 20 meters is the limited for local diving for me.:(I am trying to find a mainly single tank Back Inflated BCD that can take a Twin Tank setting for my intro Tec classes. I cannot afford to buy a wing type of bc just for the intro class. Any information you can give will be highly appreciated.

:DThank You :DThank You:DThank You

I'm a little confused . . . My back inflate BC cost more than a single tank BP/W rig from DSS does. And way more than the used BP/W rig I bought cost.

If you know you are going to do tech diving, you need the right gear. If you aren't going to dive below 20 meter, why spend the money on a technical diving class?

I agree. DSS has good prices. Also, I purchased a backplate from hammerhead and a basic oxycheq wing from scubatoys. Added the hardware and webbing and the whole thing came to around 350.

As far as actual bcs that accept doubles - I believe the Zeagle ranger does as does one of the oceanic BCs. Then there is the dive rite transpac, which is basically like a bp/w.

Agree with TSandM.

You might probably think about your tech diving bit if that's what you want to do.....................

If that's what you are gonna do, you will NEED the right tool for it. A backplate+wing system if probably the way to go.

Anyway, for suggestion on the wing that would allow you to use doubles or single, check out DiveRite's RecWing.

Back
Top Bottom