back inflation bc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just bought this one myself...

The Sherwood Tortuga was my first BC and when my wife later decided to try diving she tried a jacket her instructor had but was uncomfortable in it. She then tried on my Tortuga and found it fit her well. After she completed her OW training we went shopping for a BC she could call her own. After trying on virtually every model in 3 local dive shops she said my Tortuga fit her better than anything else she had tried.
She still dives that Tortuga and I have moved on to a BP&W system.

The Sherwood Tortuga was my first BC and when my wife later decided to try diving she tried a jacket her instructor had but was uncomfortable in it. She then tried on my Tortuga and found it fit her well. After she completed her OW training we went shopping for a BC she could call her own. After trying on virtually every model in 3 local dive shops she said my Tortuga fit her better than anything else she had tried.
She still dives that Tortuga and I have moved on to a BP&W system.

That is good to hear.. I had actually bought a bulkier Bare Blackjack but then went to exchange it for the Tortuga. (when i initially went to the shop they did not have it but the girl did not mentioning anything about getting different models in a few days) I called finding out if they had it in their shop cause they had it on their web page and the guy told me they were going to receive it that week, so I got a call when it was in and I exchanged it. I know I am going to be really happy with it. cant wait to go diving with it :eyebrow:

I have a Scubapro knighthawk and i love it. its very comfortable. And you cant beat the scubapro tank strap.

I got a DeepSeaSupply bp/w with a torus 26lb wing for my first rig. It's nice!!! Got the Hogarthian harness at the owners suggestion and use 120 steel tanks with it. Nice ss bp. Glad I took the initiative, I feel like I got nothin on. No wgts, maybe a 2lb wgt with heavy hood. kk

I would go the the Apex system.
I us it and love it and one of my dive buddys just got one and he love it as well
Agreed!

A bp/w is also an option i think after looking around a little bit im going to get it instead

I use this - very flexible in configurations. Can bve used with or without a steel back plate, great for travel and adjustable.
WTX Harness
wtx_harness.jpg

I got a DeepSeaSupply bp/w with a torus 26lb wing for my first rig. It's nice!!! Got the Hogarthian harness at the owners suggestion and use 120 steel tanks with it. Nice ss bp. Glad I took the initiative, I feel like I got nothin on. No wgts, maybe a 2lb wgt with heavy hood. kk

No ditchable weight? With that HP120 being highly negative, aluminum, kydex or almost anything else would be a better choice. In my view... Nobody cares about my view but I want ditchable weight.

You might want to mess around with the 'sticky' spreadsheet at the beginning of this forum. Just to see how negative you are should you happen to have a wing failure.

With my 7/8 mm wetsuit, I have the 6# SS plate and 20# of ditchable weight. I might be pretty close to the lift capacity of my LCD 30 wing at depth but I can lose 20# of it if I have to. I know, ditching weight at depth is a really bad idea. So is staying there. True, the tank gets lighter as it gets used but I would still be 20# negative when it hit empty. At least I have a way to get off the bottom.

Further, if you are that negative, do you really expect your buddy's BC has enough additional lift to get both of you off the bottom? Their lift is probably about the same as yours. Just enough...

The very first step to Rescue when you finally get a diver to the surface (non-trivial with thick wetsuits and great depth), is to establish positive buoyancy and that is taught as 'ditch the weightbelt'. Under the right conditions (full tank, busted wing), you are so negative at the surface that rescue is going to be very difficult. Even holding you at the surface while attempting to ditch the rig will be highly problematic.

There is a thread in the Equipment -> Tanks forum about this very configuration.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/tanks-valves-bands/279904-question-tank-bouyancy-weights.html

But, as I said, few people are concerned about my view.

Richard

Hey alll how do you make new posts on the website??? I know how to reply to things but I don't know how to post new things let me know if you can help thanks DD&C

Back
Top Bottom