Back(pack)plate Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m a new diver, I had only 4 dives on the rental cressi bcd (no complain) before I bought my bp/w (mostly to use the custom-ability to adapt for my disability and to make sure I could try under the supervision of my instructor)

I didn’t see anything in term of added difficulties... I didn’t feel the push forward on the surface (granted I dive in lake with next to no wave).
It’s not hard to set up at all. Not less comfy (especially under water).

But it is definitely easier for me to have my inflator and dump valve on the right and to not have all the clutter I had with the jacket.

If you are buying a new BC for yourself, I can say that bp/w is easy!

And now, very packable too!

Answer very soon...

The top backpack contains my full bp/wing (bp, 37# wing(2000 deniers), harness, pocket, 4 trim pockets, 2 ss cambands) plus my dsmb/spool, my reg set (single 1st and 2 seconds) and my weight belt (no lead of course).

Let see how it goes!
5371BDFF-78B3-4B6A-A595-39F6F6CE8D95.jpeg

German équivalent of TSA said all good!

I’m very excited! This will make my week end travelling so much easier and cheaper!

Thanks again for the idea!!

Next step buy some travel friendly fins (the avanti Quattro are awesome but damn they’re long!) probably sp go sport or equivalent!

It would be a great idea if you could fit the wing in the bag as well. However, by leaving your wing in the check-in bag, you know what could happens at the arrival terminal, right? Then you dive will be screwed or you take a rental beat-up BCD from the dive shop. Unless, you load the wing into your g/f / wife's carry-on, then we are talking as a radical idea. Specially using snowboard/skateboard backpack where you can strap your fins as you mentioned. Either way, GREAT job man. That's an inspiration to pull the trigger for a new backup :)

Answer very soon...

The top backpack contains my full bp/wing (bp, 37# wing(2000 deniers), harness, pocket, 4 trim pockets, 2 ss cambands) plus my dsmb/spool, my reg set (single 1st and 2 seconds) and my weight belt (no lead of course).

Let see how it goes!
View attachment 570672

Now we are talking. . . as you are able to fit your wing into the backpack. Job well done axluba. I also don't mind the carry-on for the rest of the stuff. That way, you don't have to leave anything in the check-in bag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom