backmount on sms 100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mexile

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
:confused: Will I need a single tank adapter to backmount a tank on a Hollis sms 100 system?
Cheers!

The wing has slots for cam bands. How stable it is I couldn't say.

:confused: Will I need a single tank adapter to backmount a tank on a Hollis sms 100 system?
Cheers!

Hi, the SMS100 comes with two stainless steel cam bands to secure a single tank on the rear of the harness. Single tank adapter is not recommended for this configuration.

Thanks,

I agree with Nick to a point. I have the SMS100 and i got the single tank adaptor to allow me to set the tank lower in the harness which helped with keeping the correct trim in the water and to keep the rig from pushing me face first into the water at the surface being that I am a "short" person. :D

Hollis donated a SMS100 to the Scubaboard Invades Cozumel trip that I was fortunate enough to win.

I dove with it last weekend at a local quarry with a single tank mounted on the back with the included tank bands.

It was quite comfortable and the tank was extremely stable in that configuration.

Thanks again Nick!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom