Backscatter at the Cayman Brac Surge--Info on Classes, Photography Help, and Demo Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Backscatter::Jim

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hey Everyone!

Jim from Backscatter here and I’m really looking forward meeting everyone at the Surge!

I’ll be teaching underwater photography classes, helping with camera setup questions, image critique reviews, and bringing along demo gear for anyone who wants to try it out.

I’ll be teaching an Intro to Underwater Photography Class at the beginning of the week and will be available throughout the event for any questions about cameras, shooting, etc. I'll also be presenting image critiques before dinner for a few nights where we can all look at the images shot and learn from them.

Regarding the demo gear, the list is still being finalized, but I will have with camera gear from Olympus for the EM5 Mark II and TG4, and GoPro with the Backscatter Flip filter system. Let me know if you are interested and I will try to hammer out a schedule ahead of time so we can get as many people on the gear as possible.

If anyone needs any photo gear before the event, please call Bacskcatter and mention you are from the Scubaboard Surge trip for some special Scubaboard only deals.

Let me know if you guys have any questions!

Jim

Jim, I cannot wait to pick your brain :yeahbaby:
This Old Dog loves new tricks.:facepalm:
Can you tell me what type cards I should bring to test out some of you demo gear?

For the GoPro units, it will be MicroSD. For everything else it will be SD.

I specialize in teaching old dogs new tricks... :thumb:

Hi Jim, I shoot exclusively with Olympus- I will be bringing a pen series ELP 5 and TG-4. I would love to demo the Olympus Mark II and any new lighting set up ideas. Will you be available for a one on one instruction?
Thanks so much, Jane Saull

Hi Jane,

I can definitely help you out with that, I've shot and reviewed all 3 of those cameras underwater before.

I'll be available as much as the rest of the crew is willing to share me. :acclaim:

I have a sea life micro with dragon , can you help me take better pictures?
Runndive/Debbie k.

Hi Debbie,

While I have not shot that particular setup before, we can figure it out. That's basically my day job is figuring out how to best shoot something underwater. Some cameras due to lighting or lens or other features may have some limitations on the types of shots you will be able to get. Shooting within those limitations will yield the best results. People usually run into problems when trying to shoot something the camera system isn't capable of doing. We will get you dialed! :callme:

Hi Jim, I just received EM-1 ii - I'm waiting for my housing from Nauticam - good possibility I won't have for the trip but would like to discuss underwater settings and some of the new features.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Audrey

Hi Jim, I shoot exclusively with Olympus- I will be bringing a pen series ELP 5 and TG-4. I would love to demo the Olympus Mark II and any new lighting set up ideas. Will you be available for a one on one instruction?
Thanks so much, Jane Saull

Hi Jane, I think we meet in January- we dove the Blue Heron Bridge. It will be great seeing you again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom