Backscatter wide angle lens for tg5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deeper thoughts

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Considering buying this lens.
Anyone use this lens and have any reviews good or bad?
Thnx

Good luck, I think I have posted this question twice and all I heard were the crickets.... But would love to hear if it was worth the money. Leave for Indonesia in 21 days and wish I had some actual experience feed back.

Good luck, I think I have posted this question twice and all I heard were the crickets.... But would love to hear if it was worth the money. Leave for Indonesia in 21 days and wish I had some actual experience feed back.
Thnx i posted some pix and report and also crickets, dont know why lately

I could be wrong but I do recall reading an online review somewhere a while ago that your image quality will take a slight hit, but I am not sure if that statement was made due to the wide angle distortion, or another lens element being added in front of the sensor. I am also curious about a SB member's take. Price is a bit steep too! If you do pull the trigger, let us know what you think!

I could be wrong but I do recall reading an online review somewhere a while ago that your image quality will take a slight hit, but I am not sure if that statement was made due to the wide angle distortion, or another lens element being added in front of the sensor. I am also curious about a SB member's take. Price is a bit steep too! If you do pull the trigger, let us know what you think!
Will do, backscatter gave it amazing review and pix/video does looks great

I just received the backscatter wide angle for my TG-5. I am leaving for Roatan and Anthony's Key this weekend so hopefully next week I'll have some good photos and videos.

I just received the backscatter wide angle for my TG-5. I am leaving for Roatan and Anthony's Key this weekend so hopefully next week I'll have some good photos and videos.
Hello!

How were the pics, can you share results?

I am also debating between the Backscatter M52 vs Kraken KRL-02. On surface the Kraken offers 160 degrees vs Backscatter's 120 degree, more angle; then some product description pages (different sites) mentioned the Kraken KRL-02 is NOT recommended to use with zoom, and the M-52 product page said "possible to zoom". Tough choices then.
Would appreciate any actual experience with either. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom