Backscatter wide angle lens for tg5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grts1.gif grts2.gif crab.gif eel1.gif P1140043_edited-1-1.gif P1140045.gif
First time using the backscatter lens. Funny may be too wide for the what we usually dive

Thanks for the pics they look great. I have been on the fence about this lens but after seeing your photos I think that I'm going to go for it. What are you using for strobes and are you using one or two?

Thanks for the pics they look great. I have been on the fence about this lens but after seeing your photos I think that I'm going to go for it. What are you using for strobes and are you using one or two?
One strobe ys 1, I tried 2 but didnt like lugging it about

Looking to see if anyone has updates on whatever lenses you ended up getting - I too am trying to figure out which to get for the Oly TG-5 housing. Thanks!

Looking to see if anyone has updates on whatever lenses you ended up getting - I too am trying to figure out which to get for the Oly TG-5 housing. Thanks!
Lady on a recent trip had the B-S lens on her TG-5. She got some great pictures, and commented specifically on the ability to zoom through it.

What may not be obvious is that a WA lens is not just useful for getting more into the picture, but also for allowing you to get closer and still get stuff in, so the strobe is more effective because you are closer and there is less dirty water between you and the subject to provide backscatter.

I have the more expensive, less coverage (100) Oly PTWC-01 lens on my TG-4 with Oly housing. They're big and cumbersome up top but UW they're great. I'm happy with my results, but would have got the BS for sure if it was available/ was aware of it when I bought.

Pretty happy with my Backscatter M52 wide angle air lens, but I didn't get a chance to put it through its paces as much as I'd hoped. I do like that I can shoot macro through the lens. No need to remove it to switch from wide to macro.

A couple of photos using the lens in question.
LRM_EXPORT_382838563579447_20190602_203906821.jpeg
LRM_EXPORT_383064255428229_20190602_204252513.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom