Backup light power indicator thresholds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@cerich
@LandonL

This is just to draw the guys attention to this thread, with the holidays they might not see all posts, this should bring them out of the cave for a minute.

[Intsun 3400mAh batteries]
If those are supposed to be 3400 and come in at 2100 I think they are not great batteries, maybe not totally lame, but I'd guess that the internal resistance is high so they sag under load and drop down into the [red] level from the beginning.

One of the problems with the Opus is the limitation of 1A discharge. If a device is pulling more than that it won't show up appropriately with the simple capacity test.....unless it's really lousy.

TL;DR - Deep6 supplied battery provides runtimes that exceed what's listed in the specs. Approximate threshold voltages were found to be 3.8V for yellow, 3.4V for red and 3.1V for flashing red.

Long version -
I was bored last night and did an in-water runtime test at home. I dropped the light in a mask case with tap water (57F at the start of the test, 60F by the time I ran the battery down) with the Deep6 supplied battery and the Intsun I've used before and took some notes. I've attached a table with my observations.

D6.png

The measured threshold voltages correspond almost exactly to the provided specs .i.e. with operating voltage range of 4.2v to 3V, the 70%, 40% and 10% levels are what you would calculate mathematically. This makes sense now that I measured it - someone had brought it up earlier in the thread as well but I guess I was stuck on a mAh number then.

The Deep6 light easily provided the stated runtime and the supplied battery is also of good initial quality. I'm very impressed with the product so far and the support I got from @Deep Six via PM. For sure, I'll be a repeat customer for this and other products.

HI Guys,

Just seeing this thread for myself, its been hectic lately. It appears elgoog has pretty much answered the question for me already though. If any further details are needed, please let me know.

Thanks,
Landon

If you are getting 1 1/2 hours out of a 2450mA cell then you should be able to get 2 1/2 to near 3 hours from a decent Panasonic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom