Backup reg - Bungee Necklace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cheers ever so much for the link Large Diver. Your right Lost Yooper i shouldnt be puling on my backup reg and theres no need for me to be doing so. It doesnt stop other divers from tugging it though. This may not be an issue for some divers although i often visit somewhat busy inland dive sites which pay host to all levels of divers.

LD that knot looks exactly like the one i just used to tie my bungee onto my backup, its sometimes called a "fishermans" knot. Heres a link on how to tie it if you are interested. http://www.mistral.co.uk/42brghtn/knots/42ktfish.html
Cheers

Ah, just bite their fingers if they touch your back up.

Mike

While we are on the subject of Octos around the neck, would you suggest using a SeaCure mouth piece? Or save the bucks for more air fills?

I use the comfo-bite that came w/ my Apeks, and love it.

Using a sea cure, yes why not. it may be a source of unparalelled comfort although being a student i arnt going to pay 20 quid for a mouthpiece.

Check out the new Scubapro mouthpiece.. I love it.. have it on both of my regs and my air2

Though the Sea Cure is a very comfortable orthodontically correct mouth piece for the diver using it, my buddy generally doesn't like it. Thus, I use only standard mouth pieces on my regs.

I use a piece of surgical tubing, overlapped the ends, two cable ties to hold it together, and put my mouthpiece through it. I dive dry with dry hood, so no hair to pull out. Full face mask, backup reg around neck, pony with brightly colored reg.

Just a thought...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom