bad air in toronto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abnfrog

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
any one know anything about the 2 girls who convulsed in gulivers lake a little while ago ? I was told by an instructor friend about the incident and the store that had the bad air ...(it can happen even if you don't cut corners on the compressor )........ (I wont reveal that yet ) the store is keeping a lid on it ...feel free to pm me ......

As an operator of our Club's compressor I'd love to find out more about this. Couldn't figure out how to PM you though!

Rick
President, Ajax Scuba Club

If anyone suspects they have gotten a fill of bad air from a shop in Canada, they can get hold of me via PM. If they can get me a sample (something like a 6 cuft at 1500 psi is enough) I'll do the Z275 analysis for them for nothing.

they had it tested found the culprit and supposedly fixed it

I thought shops in Ontario were required to have CO monitors at fill stations? Though I guess there is stuff that wouldn't trigger the CO alarm but would still be bad for you.

Just another reason to love my CooTwo!

no they don't but if they have employee's that use the air its all different rules under the ministry of labour laws

nope there is not !!!!! supposedly they were told if they did what they DID do,,, one day they would have problems , and what they were told did happen ....... 2 girls could have died and the instructor would have been sued also (and it was not even his fault )

nope there is not !!!!! supposedly they were told if they did what they DID do,,, one day they would have problems , and what they were told did happen ....... 2 girls could have died and the instructor would have been sued also (and it was not even his fault )
So what was it? CO? Something else?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom