Bad buddies...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a wonderful insta-buddy this weekend: we clicked immediately and we had wonderful dives.
I guess good or bad is just a stochastic thing...

Here we go again...
This is not a case of "bad buddy", but one of those occasions in which I really really really really would like to have the solo certification...
So, we were diving in a wonderful spot with perfect conditions.
The dives offered by this company are often a little bit more tricky, and they required more skills and knowledge and experience than the average other dive companies around here. They buddy me with a dude that I've seen often with them, so I was ok because I thought he was ok with his skills, etc., but it was the first time for me to dive with him...
We jump in the water, go down and I'm amazed by the spot: 15 meters vis, a lot of cave and pass through, and little caves to explore, at a serious deep (between 30 and 25 meters)...
Unfortunately, after 30 minutes of diving, my buddy is already out of air, with 60 bar, and we have to go back...
I still had 110 bar (we both have the same 230 to start with) and I was enjoying avery single second of that dive/spot...
Damn...
:(

1. Nice to meet you. I see you have a buddy and since 3 is a crowd I will be diving solo. I plan on doing a. b. c. on my dive. Feel free to follow me. If I notice you are gone then I will assume you are doing your own thing.

2. This becomes a solo dive after the first ignored signal. I try to surface close to the boat.

I am not normally in this situation as I normally dive with the same people and all are good. In the rare occasion I am in a cattle boat I normally just drift with the herd and would help anyone who needed help but I never put myself in a position to be individually responsible for someone I just met.

Last edited:
I've contacted the guy...
Solo is coming right after my tec40 course.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom