Bad day at Breakwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bbianchi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just a reminder for everyone out there.

You can call a dive for any reason at any time.

Even if you’ve not made it to the water or if you’re just walking out, stay safe. You can always dive again another day.

I very much agree with you. I've called many dives in the past, and have been on a few that I ought to have called. Nothing down there is worth getting injured or dying for.

If you don't mind the question. What made your day at the breakwater go south? Conditions or equipment? Accident?
Hope all is well with you in any case.

I was not there and do not have any details other than rumor, but supposedly there were a couple incidents today, including a heart attack on the beach and a couple divers picked up by a rescue boat along the wall.

I hope for the best for all involved.

I was involved with the First rescue along with several others. I do not believe the victim survived. I was there assisting with a class and heard people calling for help.

I heard of a second incident where an unresponsive diver was also pulled from the ocean later in the afternoon.

My thoughts and prayers go to both divers and their families.

Bad day, indeed, and thank you posting... I too am sending thoughts and prayers to all involved. These kinds of situations are very intense and sureal. I feel for you Brandon. I hope you are able to take care of yourself as best you can and call in some support if you feel you need it.
Peace and blessings to all...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom