Bad day in south centeral Washington

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Just heard it on the news.

A Spokane woman crashed her vehicle into a river. She got out and made it to shore. The tragic part is her one month old remained secured in the vehicle and didn't make it.

No details yet other than what I just got off the news.

I feel for the diver that was involved with this one. I just hope they debrief properly. This is the type of dive that can end a diving career.

Gary D.

I don't understand. Which diver. Why would that end a career?

Sounds like a possible case of post partum depression.

Crispos...I think what GD was getting at is the feelings the diver will have
after retrieving the body of a baby. Deceased adults dont have the same
effect on people as deceased children. I think the 'debrief' he is referring to
is to lessen the negative psych effect on the diver.

Gary D.:
Just heard it on the news.

A Spokane woman crashed her vehicle into a river. She got out and made it to shore. The tragic part is her one month old remained secured in the vehicle and didn't make it.

No details yet other than what I just got off the news.

I feel for the diver that was involved with this one. I just hope they debrief properly. This is the type of dive that can end a diving career.

Gary D.
The six o'clock news reported an overturned canoe in a lake near you, Gary, with rescue on the way. Just wondering if you were dispatched to that one.

Rick Inman:
The six o'clock news reported an overturned canoe in a lake near you, Gary, with rescue on the way. Just wondering if you were dispatched to that one.

I just got home and posted a quickie report on another thread.

And you guessed right about the post dive problems with an infant. So very hard to deal with.

Gary D.

when i did my CPR class, the instructor had a boy maniquin to practice with.

it wasn't real, and it did something to me. i can't imagine what it would be like
to recover an infant.

Gary D.:
And you guessed right about the post dive problems with an infant. So very hard to deal with.
Makes me apreciate what you're doing even more. Thanks, Gary.
Wish you and all PSDivers a happy and peacefull Easter.
Stefan

Snowbear:
Is he a member of your team? If so, you can see that they do debrief, right?

Not our team. But I hope they don't just let him/her go home without some help.

Even after todays easy one we took over an hour at the scene to make sure everyone was code 4.

Our newest member was a little uneasy seeing what a saveable man looks like coming out of the water for the first time. He was prepared for it but the first time is still a shocker.

Everyone did good today and I'm proud of my kids. They keep acting and working like this and I won't feel so bad about retiring. HA!

Gary D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom