Bad dive today, need answers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh and a final thought to Nemrod and Lorien, I have little doubt that if this happened to an open water diver, panic would may very well have ensued. If this happened to me 10 years ago, I probably would have. A testament to requiring more advanced training for more advanced dives. Too many consider more advanced just about depth. Just my 2 cents...

Most of these kinds of scenarios are CO2 buildup due to a little anxiety paired with working a little too hard underwater IMO.

In addition to the conclusions you've already reached...eat breakfast (a big factor in diving for me) and take Dramamine as a precaution I would just add to slow down or stop if you feel this way underwater again. That usually stops the symptoms and lets you know it was CO2 buildup.

If you are really seasick don't dive is another alternative. You may feel better after getting in the water than you would feel on the boat but you are probably still much more impaired than you normally would be which is not a good thing.

Im going for narcosis causing CO2 retention which makes the narcosis work which causes the nausea on the surface as well.

Thanks for posting your experience. I think reading threads of both positive and negative experiences are invaluable to the new divers such as myself. While they are no substitute for the experience gained by being in the water, they provide an awareness of the possibilities one must be prepared for. To know that even master divers can experience difficulties such as this is testament to how important training and practice, and even more so that the diver be at the right experience level for different types of dives. I'm glad it turned out well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom