Bad experience with LDS on SuperNova

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

openhelix

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I bought a supernova from my LDS and it was DOA. It didn't often turn on and when it did, it turned off within 5 seconds. Yes, I did a full initial battery charge, first for 5 hours then overnight. I brought it back to my LDS and they said that Intova wouldn't cross ship a replacement and they'd have to submit it for warranty repair just like it was months old... Umm, the light was initially defective (DOA). It shouldn't be a warranty issue, it should be an immediate replacement. :depressed: So now the LDS (and intova) have my $300 and they told me 3+ weeks for a replacement :shakehead:

So much for that's why you should always buy from an authorized dealer .

Hi Openhelix,

Really sorry for your trouble. We had a batch issue with the PCB on Supernova and will definitely replace it for you-quickly. Please contact kevin@intova.net to coordinate. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Joe Ganahl

Thanks Joe. Kevin was great even offering to send me his personal light in the interim. I delcined but it was a very generous gesture. Looks like it's going to be about a month waiting on a new one... Not ideal but better than the runaround I was getting from my LDS.

Hi Openhelix,

Glad to hear you were well taken care of. Problems do arise and our goal is to handle them as quickly as possible and keep the customer happy.

Regards,
Joe Ganahl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom