Bad neck rash! Bio Seal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CALI68

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I really have to take some drastic measures. My neck is looking like I got slashed! I have tried everything from KY to Body Glide. No luck. My neck seal is a perfect fit so the only thing left is an Apollo Bio seal. We all know that these break down latex seals but just how bad? I'll be cleaning the neck seal after every dive day with mild soap and water. Will that be suficient?

Has anyone had any long term experience with one of these?

Thanks!
-Chris

You could go with a neoprene neck and keep the wrist latex. That is what I have because I had the same issue. Has worked well for me.

Is this an allegic reaction or what? Have you ever contact with the manufacture about this issue?

Many people have latex allergies. Try the Apollo bio-seal, or neoprene, and if they aren't perfect, at least you won't have a nasty rash on your neck!

CALI68:
I really have to take some drastic measures. My neck is looking like I got slashed! I have tried everything from KY to Body Glide. No luck. My neck seal is a perfect fit so the only thing left is an Apollo Bio seal. We all know that these break down latex seals but just how bad? I'll be cleaning the neck seal after every dive day with mild soap and water. Will that be suficient?

Has anyone had any long term experience with one of these?

Thanks!
-Chris

Why yes Chris, I have long term experience with these :)

I started this thread over a year and a half ago and since then I have been using the Bio Seal on every dive. It has been a God send! No rashes and much to my surprise it is also extreemly confortable and it has greatly reduced leaks from my neck seal. It does take some serious TLC but if you are consistent you will reep the rewards! I have had the same neck seal for over a year and so far not a single sign of ware. You must always wash the seal with mild soap after EVRY dive day ( I use McNetts Wet Suit and Dry Suit Shampoo) and MOST importantly you MUST talc the seal liberally when it dries. That's it. I hope that helps some other hang-man victim.

..oh yea my hang-man scars finally went away but it took 6 months! :shakehead

Back
Top Bottom