Bad Neighbour Rock, Tobermory

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stoo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
If you have read any of my posts about Tobermory, I may have mentioned Bad Neighbour Rock on occasion. It's a deep wall in the middle of nowhere that pretty much requires that you have your own boat to access. The "rock" itself normally just breaks the surface, but the the wall itself begins in only 25' or so, plummets to about 180' where there is a narrow ledge. After that, it's a very steep slope for another 100' or so.

I was there yesterday, and we enjoyed superb conditions with visibility in the 100' range. Here are a few photos for you. I was diving with Mrs. Stoo and a friend... they never went below 105'.

BNR 2.jpg

BNR 3.jpg

BNR wall.jpg

BNR 4.jpg

That's awesome! Viz in Colpoys was no where near that good.

Love these photos!

Stuart, is there a bouy marking the location of the rock? Be good to have something to tie the boat off to. and yes someone will be on the boat too.

super cool shots as always stoo

Stuart, is there a bouy marking the location of the rock? Be good to have something to tie the boat off to. and yes someone will be on the boat too.

There is green channel marker, but it's not close to the preferred dive area, plus it's a nav marker so illegal to moor to it. If you have a smaller boat, it's actually pretty easy to set a hook in 15 - 25' that's secure. But you definitely want a boat temder out there who knows what they're doing.

Great photos as usual Stoo. Will have to get back up to the Tub again soon. Maybe buy you a beer or two.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom