Baggage allowance -Thai Airlines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not surprised they cut you some slack, pook--you're Thai. They tend to feel more affinity for their compatriots, and so they give Thais a break and tend to stick to the rules with the falangs.

nah my bf is Farang as well and we both no need to paid for anything which is unlikely Air Asia.

Thai business class will take 30Kg, and if you have gold status on Star you get another 10. I flew Thai last week with 45Kgs of dive equipment told them it was dive equipment and the put top load only on the bags. The upgrade to business class was cheaper than an economy ticket with the baggage charges.

I guess this thread sort of begs the question: How much does your stuff weigh?

When I flew to Phuket a couple of weeks ago for a liveaboard trip the total weight of my luggage, including dive gear, clothes, toiletries, etc., was 15 kilos. That even included a can of beer that I failed to drink during my One Night In Bangkok.

My last trip was to Indonesia, and my gear bag weighed 18 kg, including the wheeled bag. But now I've got a new lightweight BCD (the Zuma Pro), so I think the weight will be a little less next trip. I still need another bag that I carry on with photo stuff, so all the rest goes in one small bag to check. So I always pay the sports gear fee on Air Asia, I can generally check everything on a full-service airline, and I have to pay overweight on all domestic flights in Indonesia.

Instead of airlines charging divers for a couple of kilo extra on their luggage.
How about all these big fat slobs that take all their seat up and part of the adjoining ones also, we have all had the misfortune to sit next to one at some time. They are much more than a couple of kilo heavier than me and my luggage put together.

But now I've got a new lightweight BCD (the Zuma Pro)

Another good weight saver. When my ancient Oceanic BCD gave up the ghost I bought a Zeagle Express. Small, light, easy to pack and great in the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom