Bahamas Aggressor- Tiger Beach Itinerary w/ Jim Church school of UW Photography

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UNDATC

Registered
Reaction score
Just got back from this trip and had a great experience. I saw a lot of improvement in my photography and understanding of my setup. The crew and other guests were great and and a good time was had by all. We were not lucky enough to see any Tiger sharks but always had plenty of Lemons and Caribbean Reefs to shoot.

Here is a Flickr album of some of my shots from the week. A lot of shark pics as that was the main subject for the week.
https://flic.kr/s/aHsm148yF2

If you went to tiger beach and didn't see tigers, you weren't really at Tiger Beach. They were there last week. Who was your feeder?

Sorry, should have specified in the title. You are correct we were not at Tiger Beach, but nearby. It was on the "Tiger Beach Itinerary" onboard the aggressor boat. I made the change to the title.

Nice shots. Looks like you weren't far off of TB on some dives. Looks like Memory Rock on the shallower dives and Mount Olympus on the deeper dives?

Nice shots. Looks like you weren't far off of TB on some dives. Looks like Memory Rock on the shallower dives and Mount Olympus on the deeper dives?

Thank you. Most shark dives were at Shark Paradise and Hogfish Reef. Thats what the crew called them anyway. I often wonder if different dive operators have different names for the same sites on occasion .

Great shots! I looked at a few of your previous albums; nice improvement in the compositions.

Thank you. Still have a lot to learn but I am enjoying the processes, and keep striving to get better.

We were on that boat and itinerary in June and were lucky to see Tigers a few times .. Nice work!

35316947690_1dd79f541f_c.jpg

Enjoyed your shots. Bummer about the tigers. So the question is, did the boat not go to the best sites, or did they go to fine sites and that's just not where the sharks were that day?

I've heard good things from a couple of people about that itinerary. What did you think about it aside from the shark aspect? Reef, other fish, etc...

Enjoyed your shots. Bummer about the tigers. So the question is, did the boat not go to the best sites, or did they go to fine sites and that's just not where the sharks were that day?

I've heard good things from a couple of people about that itinerary. What did you think about it aside from the shark aspect? Reef, other fish, etc...

Thank you. I think the sites were fine, they said they had been seeing them at those sites even the week before. In the end I am not disappointed in not seeing them since we were not lacking in the shark department (maybe because I don't know what I missed). Would have been nice but didn't ruin the trip in my eyes.

This was my first trip to the Bahamas so I wasn't sure what to expect from the diving outside of the shark dives but was pleasantly surprised. One of the sites, El Captain, was one of the heathier reefs I have seen. Most of the other sites were very nice as well including El Dorado, Sugar Wreck, and Red's Ledge. The vis on the last two dives (sites called Silver Fox Ledge and Sherwood Forest) was a disappointment but other than that I found the entire experience to be very good and would recommend the trip. If I would have changed to my macro lens on the last two dive I think I would have enjoyed them more as there was some good macro shots to be had, but I got lazy and just left the wide angle on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom