Bahamas first visit help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

David D

Registered
Reaction score
How do all!

I'm looking for the ultimate Bahamas destination. Probably November, and would really like to swim with flipper and co if at all possible. Ideally would like maybe a short live aboard trip combined with a nice relaxed resort. Total time two weeks.

I've had some good advice here in the past, hope some of you can help on this one!

David,
If you want the dolphin dive, and shark feeding dive, I think UNEXSO on Grand Bahama Island has the best program.
You can check them out at http://www.unexso.com
They also list several resorts on the site that are walking distance to the dive shop. Pelican Bay is probably my favorite.
The dolphin dive is 169.00 but most definatly the best 169.00 I've ever paid.
The shark feeding is 89.00 and also worth it.
I'm not sure about a live a board that time of year. I've had people come back telling me the channel from Florida to the Bahamas is a bit rough. November should be Ok, it's usually Aug to Oct that you have to be more careful.
Have fun.

I don't know about the "ultimate destination"( I haven't been anyplace else yet to compare it to), but I can tell you that I'll be in Grand Bahama the first two weeks of November. Maybe we'll get a chance to meet or better yet dive together.
My wife and I stay at Ocean Reef Yacht Club and Resort. Grand Bahama Scuba is on site there.I prefer this kind of operation over the cattle boats of UNEXSO. Some people who stayed at Ocean Reef and Dove with us went to UNEXSO for just a day to do the Dolphin Dive, They really enjoyed it.
One of the sites we dive is Shark Junction. I've seen lots of Sharks there and didn't pay $89.
If your staying elsewhere on the Island arrangements can be made to be picked up to come dive with Grand Bahama Scuba.
Check out my trip report from our April trip [red]here[/red].I know the weather and the water temperature will be nicer than it was in April. In the Trip Report you will find links to GBS and Ocean Reef, Also alink to some of my photos.

Let me know what you end up doing!

Tavi:tree:

I love the Bahamas. I used to live in Andros. But do you think you should be planning a trip there, you know with all the shark attacks? (ha ha) Good thing we have Johnny Cochran on the case. A friend of mine goes to Bimini. He dives with Bill and Nowdla Keefe's at Bimini Underseas Center. It's a wild dolfin experience. There something magical about diving with a dolfin in the wild. He brought back great pix. Bimini is a very quiet island and very relaxing. The people there are great. Let us know how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom