Bailing out of SB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMANDIVER

Contributor
Reaction score
Keep getting unsolicited email from SB eg someone just posted on a thread I LOOKED at and I get an email about it. Preferences checked numerous times so I'm done.

That's strange because I don't get any SB notices for threads I've only looked at and never have. I'm getting fairly frustrated with getting them for threads I've posted in but that's because the option is backwards. You have to unclick receiving notices which is damned inconvenient and inefficient. I'd prefer it if I wanted notices, I could make the broad preference OR check it as as my choice rather than having to uncheck.

DivingOman, did you ever ask Howard if he could help you before you made today's decision?

The default for a thread you subscribe to is to only get notices w/o an email. Now, if you subscribe to the entire forum, I think the default is different and you'll receive an email.

There may be a glitch from the old board SW. I've gotten a couple email notifications about new posts to old threads which have been sleeping since before the change. It's a little annoying, but that's easy to fix: Open the thread, unwatch, then watch again making sure email notifications are turned off. As Pete said, that's the current default, so it's just a matter of checking.

Um, I'm missing something here because if I post in a thread for the first time and if I forget the extra step of "options" and uncheck "emails", my inbox fills up.

Maybe OmanDiver has something set up to receive email notices on "watched" threads? But then how does just looking at a thread turn it into a watched thread?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom