Baja California

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Danzz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Short video of my last trip to Baja California with some footage of Cabo Magdalena, Cabo Pulmo, La Paz and the sea of Cortez and the Revillagigedo islands (Socorro, San Benedicto and Roca Partita).

Nicely put together video - short and to the point. I am doing the same "Quadfecta" trip in November this year. Questions:

1. At 4:03, that was a Mako shark. Was that a shark trip out of Cabo San Lucas?
2. Who did you dive Los Islotes with?

Thank you.

Nicely put together video - short and to the point. I am doing the same "Quadfecta" trip in November this year. Questions:

1. At 4:03, that was a Mako shark. Was that a shark trip out of Cabo San Lucas?
2. Who did you dive Los Islotes with?

Thank you.
1. Indeed, it's a mako. I did 2 x a day trip from Cabo San Lucas to see mako's and blue sharks but I saw only mako's.
2. It was during a liveaboard in the Sea of Cortez with the Quino el Guardian departing in San José del Cabo

Nice to see a mako coast by in your video without looking like it's on a meth binge. That's a really nice video.

Is it common to see a big bill fish work a bait ball there?

Richard.

Hello!

If there is anything I can help with your diving trips in Cabo Pulmo National Park, feel free to message me. I work & have my diving company here.

Nice to see a mako coast by in your video without looking like it's on a meth binge. That's a really nice video.

Is it common to see a big bill fish work a bait ball there?

Richard.
Thank you for the compliment.
In the first part of the video you see a bait ball near Cabo Magdalena. In October/November there is a migration of sardines that attract predators. But this sardine run is also a hit or a miss. I spend 4 days in the area and had only 1 static bait ball.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom