Bali March 8-17. Tips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divesanywhere

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello! So looks like I'll be heading to Bali for a dive trip for the estimated dates above. First time diving in the area and looking for some input.
Hoping to be able to stay in an area that not only has really good diving but also has good restaurants, bars and other things to do and see when not diving. Don't know if those are mutually exclusive or not? I would like to stay in a nicer resort with direct beach access.
As far as diving, looking for big stuff and possibly wrecks.
I don't have my plane ticket or room reservations yet but need to get that squared away soon, so I'm open to any input. Also, if anybody is in the area at the time would be great to hook up!

Padang Bai has some bars and it's where Geko Diving are based. I've been diving with Geko three times (check out their website, you can book diving with them online) and this might provide some of what you want. A trip to Tulamben for a wreck dive and Nusa Penida for reef manta are two options. It's also easy to go and see other things from Padang Bai, like rice terraces, waterfalls and temples.

Some of these are mutually exclusive :wink:
Padang Bai is a good 'middle' option. Sanur is another one, several dive shops operate from there and plenty of bars and restaurants, BUT you will get to Padang Bai or Tulamben by bus and it is longer days.
Another good option is Amed, not hug town but quite lively in the main village, great diving and easy to go to Tulamben from there, most dive shops go daily.
Finally for big stuff your best best is diving around Nusa Penida and from Bali you can arrange that either from Sanur or Padang Bai by speedboat

Some of these are mutually exclusive :wink:
Padang Bai is a good 'middle' option. Sanur is another one, several dive shops operate from there and plenty of bars and restaurants, BUT you will get to Padang Bai or Tulamben by bus and it is longer days.
Another good option is Amed, not hug town but quite lively in the main village, great diving and easy to go to Tulamben from there, most dive shops go daily.
Finally for big stuff your best best is diving around Nusa Penida and from Bali you can arrange that either from Sanur or Padang Bai by speedboat
I'm doing a dive safari in June and you've mentioned everything I've got planned, happy I'm on the right track :)

Thank you all so much. Definitely helps clear things up a bit.So it sounds like I should aim for the Eastern side of the island? Is that where a lot of the boat dives will leave from?

Thank you all so much. Definitely helps clear things up a bit.So it sounds like I should aim for the Eastern side of the island? Is that where a lot of the boat dives will leave from?
Yes,Padang Bai for Penida and Tulamben for shore diving and little boats to local sites. Enjoy Bail , it’s fantastic !

Nah, we got hotel points.
Hopefully it's a convenient location.
But it sure sounds like you'll be on vacation longer then me!
Also, our dates changed. Its March 30th through April 7th.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom