Bali March 8-17. Tips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thats awesome, half your luck!

2nd - 13th of June for me.
23 dives over 8 days in three different locations. This will be my first diving specific holiday, I can't wait. :bounce:

HI Mike I will be in Bali from 2d to 13th as well. Tulamben diving from 3rd to 10th June inclusive, if you want to catch up and have a beer I will be staying at LDR (liberty dive resort) pm me. Bob T.

BTW been going up for 20 years and love it. Great macro stuff which suits me well. There is little to do in Tulamben so if you want some life try Ahmed, nice cafes etc. Don't rate the diving in Ahmed so much but only did 3 dives there.

HI Mike I will be in Bali from 2d to 13th as well. Tulamben diving from 3rd to 10th June inclusive, if you want to catch up and have a beer I will be staying at LDR (liberty dive resort) pm me. Bob T.

BTW been going up for 20 years and love it. Great macro stuff which suits me well. There is little to do in Tulamben so if you want some life try Ahmed, nice cafes etc. Don't rate the diving in Ahmed so much but only did 3 dives there.
Sounds good, Pm'd you.

The drive from Amed to Tulamben isn't so bad. Sit in a van and get to know the people you'll be diving with that day. Maybe trade "war stories" or something. It's under half an hour. I stayed in Amed but did most of my diving in Tulamben and I'm planning on doing it again later this year.

I was happy with the diving in Amed. Pyramids and Bunaten were great and I'd dive them repeatedly. I didn't like Amed Melasti mostly because I have a real hate on for that yellow coral that populates the place. Ghost bay was interesting at times and I remember the site being totally covered in brown bristle worms. I've never seen anything like that anywhere else.

I like a mix, macro and reef on the same dive and there's quite a few sites that will deliver that both in Amed and Tulamben. My all time favourite dive site ? Tulamben Dropoff :yeahbaby:

Is that because you have a favourite place to stay in Amed, or some other reason?

It was a first trip to Bali and I picked Amed and a place to stay based on Internet research. I didn't know that I'd be doing most of my diving in Tulamben when I booked but that's where the operation went most days. I was at Adventure Divers staying and diving there and I'd happily stay and dive with them again as weird as it would be to have the same vacation two years in a row.

Gusto resto in Amed offers very good Italian pizza and tasty beef goulas, the best in the area if not in Bali.

In Tulamben, try Warung Rusti, not the most beautiful and clean restaurants but serve very tasty meal, authentic Balinese dishes at much cheaper prices that the other restaurants in the area. The owner - Rusti is very nice person, speak English well. while enjoying the food you will see her making various praying stuff from coconut leaf.

In Tulamben, try Warung Rusti, not the most beautiful and clean restaurants but serve very tasty meal, authentic Balinese dishes at much cheaper prices that the other restaurants in the area. The owner - Rusti is very nice person, speak English well. while enjoying the food you will see her making various praying stuff from coconut leaf.
You probably know this place : when you go diving Seraya/Batu Niti area, there's a warung on the Gunung Agung side of the road where we like to eat lunch together my guide and I : there's a carton board saying "Sate Gurita" they serve octopus sate as well as an incredible octopus soup which is really delish.
Otherwise there's another warung, on the seaside of the road almost opposite of the gurita warung where they serve a great bakso.

You probably know this place : when you go diving Seraya/Batu Niti area, there's a warung on the Gunung Agung side of the road where we like to eat lunch together my guide and I : there's a carton board saying "Sate Gurita" they serve octopus sate as well as an incredible octopus soup which is really delish.
Otherwise there's another warung, on the seaside of the road almost opposite of the gurita warung where they serve a great bakso.

Yes, but I don't eat octopus, never and not interested to try. Don't know why.
Bakso in Bali, even the best one is inferior by Indonesian standard. Too much tapioca, and often they mix beef with pork. I dont eat pork.

Our other favorite is in seraya dive site, on the left you'll find small Warung selling snacks, drink and instant noodles.
Some time, depend on the catch of the day, the lady offer very tasty Balinese style grilled fish for Rp. 40k, very generous portion including rice and sambal. Very fresh fish, could be tuna, mahi-mahi or snapper, not always available though.

Frankly, I have a very difficult time eating I'd go since becoming a diver and when away on dive trips, any fish dish becomes somewhat repugnant to me.

Fortunately, I really like pork though that doesn't help me any everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom