Banda Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Banda Sea is pretty calm in Sept/Oct, most liveaboards are crossing up to Raja Ampat at that time but its also the best time of year for seeing schooling hammerheads and possibly migrating whales.
Some boats offer Maumere up to Ambon, Some all the way to Raja Ampat and others do an Ambon-Ambon itinerary. You should expect a lot of travel... most days there would be 3 dives and then travel overnight to the next destination.

This came up on my facebook the other day... 2 spaces left might be a good option for you
Banda Sea & Forgotten Islands on Tambora | 25 October-6 November 2019 | Liveaboard Diving Holidays | Equator Diving

If you suffer from sea-sickness, asking for a cabin midships is a good idea, or look for a boat with a main deck level master - something with large windows so you can look at the horizon.

Hope you enjoy, Banda is superb

Looking to do a liveaboard in the Banda Sea in Sept or October 2019. In general how are the sea conditions during that time of year as I have never been on a liveaboard before and not sure how I would handle rough seas?
Hi I have been there myself, It was absolutely incredible. I will be happy to give you more insights and recommend boats with different budget....Ping me jenny@divingspecials.com / +372 55 30417 (WhatsApp), Jevgenia Vannari (Facebook)

Back
Top Bottom