Bang Stick wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubafast

Contributor
Reaction score
My local dive shop use to carry a really nice bangstick that he said was handmade.
He cannot find the guys current number that he use to buy them from since the number he does have is not correct/disconnected. He said that they are still in business but the number changed.
The company was called "Voyager Spears diving equipment corp" I think?? and they are out of the Clevland, Oh area. Any contact info would be greatly appreciated.
thanks,
Scubafast

I have a bang stick in stock, but it has no makers name on it. There are some
instructions but no mention of where it came from. We've had it in the shop for a couple
years. We think it takes 38 round. I can't send you a photo right now but if your interested,
we'll sell it cheap, and it hasn't been used. If you are interested, PM me.

And what exactly are you gonna be bangsticking? Lots of different sizes depending on what is trying to eat you. I have .357 and a .223, but what I really want is a Farallon Shark Dart which has long been banned by name by most govenments in the free world.

And what exactly are you gonna be bangsticking? Lots of different sizes depending on what is trying to eat you. I have .357 and a .223, but what I really want is a Farallon Shark Dart which has long been banned by name by most govenments in the free world.

I've seen them on eBay once in a while, the handheld as well as the one that attached to a spear. They bring a pretty good price. Not sure why someone would want to ban them. The Farallon Lawn Dart killed many more people.

I still have a 12 gauge power head…talk about something with a kick.

It belonged to a buddy of mine and he had it mounted on a solid aluminum pole about 5 ft long. He tested it once (back in the 70’s) against a rock below us. The shock and kickback was impressive. I don’t remember him caring it any more after that.

I did owned a .223 (I think) power head that could be screwed on a spear gun shaft. Again, I tested it once. It was a nice machined piece. I can’t remember what I did with it or my spear guns. I was much more into photography than spear fishing…I do remember who I sold my Nikonos II

The .223 PH is a very bad ass load. I saw a demo done on a 1 1/2" thick bar of lead about six inches wide by 3 feet long. It was shot by an assortment of powerheads. The 12 ga. dented the lead as if hit by a mighty ball peen hammer. Same with a .44 mag. The rounds used included .22, .25, .38/.357, .223, 12 ga. and a .30 cal centerfire of some sort that I can't remember. The .223 punched a hole right through the lead bar like a cookie cutter did it, maybe 3/4-1 inch in diameter. Same with the .30 cal. All the other loads just dented the bar. The .223 will rock your world when fired underwater. I find it unpleasant but if I need it I don't think I will be worrying about the bang at that particular moment. The added benefit of the .223 is that it is fairly easy to obtain .223 in a blank round. If you have any army buddies they can get you some. I picked up a bunch last time I shot at a military range. I seal them with fingernail polish and they work well. Blanks are a bit safer than ball ammo in my opinion and work just as well.

A modified Glock with marine cups and the proper bullets (solids) may be fired underwater and I have heard of some divers using them to kill fish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom