Bangka Island Resort and Logistics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lm17

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Going to Bangka in June and looking at Mimpi Indah and Coral Eye. I haven't seen any recent reviews on either here but wondering if anyone has been to either recently. They are both very appealing for a few different reasons, but the main one is location. Coral Eye on the west side and Mimpi on the east. Assuming the most interesting sites will be on the east side and SE bay, travel times to sites might be a deal breaker. Does anyone have a sense of how long it takes to get from Coral Eye to the "Batu" sites area - like Batu Toto?

Thanks!

I would think about 20 minutes. Bangka is not very big.
You just missed a great promotion at Nomad Divers on the East side. Send them an email to see if they can give you a deal. I was there last September and will be going back in March for three weeks. A great little family owned resort and cheaper than the competitors. Fantastic diving!

Ye all sites are close circa 10-30min, unless you go across to the "mainland" which is about an hour.
You can read through my Mimpi reviews...but they are not very recent. Check out go old Trip Advisor for more recent reviews.
Nomad gets tons of good reviews, but looks super rustic.
You can also check out the new Bastianos resort. Also Blue Bay divers (I love this place but do feel the price they charge is a bit over the top given how rustic the place is).

Going to Bangka in June and looking at Mimpi Indah and Coral Eye. I haven't seen any recent reviews on either here but wondering if anyone has been to either recently. They are both very appealing for a few different reasons, but the main one is location. Coral Eye on the west side and Mimpi on the east. Assuming the most interesting sites will be on the east side and SE bay, travel times to sites might be a deal breaker. Does anyone have a sense of how long it takes to get from Coral Eye to the "Batu" sites area - like Batu Toto?

Thanks!

I was in Coraleye last August for 10 days (one month trip), it was my sixth time there... for me the location is perfect because it is beautifull, sheltered from the summer waves but there is the same refreshing wind (bluebay no waves but no wind)… coral has a beautiful white beach ... a nice jetty with a nice house reef ... the food is really good(a fusion between indo/italian) and the rooms comfortable in a beautiful design structure….. if the waves are not huge you can dive every sites on Bangka and talise .. and occasionally on the mainland… now they have also a bigger boat and sometimes they do full days in lembeh… we love this place, in 2016 we stay there one month !! :-D
I only saw the mimpi from the sea ... I apologize but I need a real beach … :) but it's true, they are the closest to the batu zone!
From Coraleye to "batu area" it takes circa twenty minutes with small to medium waves…. 15minutes without waves and no go with big waves…. i think with big waves you can't go out also from mimpi… :-/

Thanks everyone for the input. Haven't made the final decision as of yet but will follow up and with an eventual trip report!

For divers who look for the best beach and incredible diving at least as good as Bangka: www.magicbayrao.com .June is the perfect time of the year for this paradise near Morotai, north Halmahera. Only 2h30 from Manado airport.

Back
Top Bottom