Bangka - recently?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A reality check. I live in Signapore and work in Indonesia. Garuda, similar to other Indonesian domestic airlines commonly cancels flights without much notice. They change departure gates without any notification... last week, my wife's Garuda,flight departed Denpasar 3 hours late, while Wings and similar airlines were spot in schedule.
Silk Air cancelled several flights last year and the year before the same . Flight are often arriving and departing too late from Manado. I think this is true for any airliner.

Will do :) Still have plenty of time to plan (May 2019).

Right now I'm busy keeping my house from going underwater from hurricane Harvey. I can't even get to the airport. Houston is drowning. I need a boat.

View attachment 424221
Disaster like this have such an impact on the lives of so many people. We wish them all the strength they need.

Disaster like this have such an impact on the lives of so many people. We wish them all the strength they need.

Thank you for the well wishes.

I consider myself lucky (for now) being still above water here in Lake Jackson (LJ), 50 miles (80 km) south of Houston, while to the west, north & east of LJ are flooded. The south of LJ is the Gulf of Mexico. So, LJ is becoming like an island. We can't go anywhere, but stay put. The office in Houston, where I work is closed for the whole week.

And it's not over, yet. Although the rain had stopped, the flood water will still flow down from Houston to the gulf through the already flooded rivers for the next few days through LJ. This is worse than the last Hurricane Ike (2008).

Thank you for the well wishes.

I consider myself lucky (for now) being still above water here in Lake Jackson (LJ), 50 miles (80 km) south of Houston, while to the west, north & east of LJ are flooded. The south of LJ is the Gulf of Mexico. So, LJ is becoming like an island. We can't go anywhere, but stay put. The office in Houston, where I work is closed for the whole week.

And it's not over, yet. Although the rain had stopped, the flood water will still flow down from Houston to the gulf through the already flooded rivers for the next few days through LJ. This is worse than the last Hurricane Ike (2008).
Best wishes, Dan!

Reactions: Dan
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom