Bangka vs. Bunaken???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjh

Contributor
Reaction score
Everyone has been a great help. We have settled on a operation for a week in Lembeh (Kasawari or Lembeh or Lembeh Resort) but now looking to do 5 days diving around Bangka vs. Bunaken. Any opinions on these areas? Anyone stay at Banngka Resort or Cocotinos? Don't want to waste a lot of time getting from one resort to the other. Again open to other areas

We stayed at Lembeh resort last year and then went to Bangka with Murex (I think the name of the place is Bangka resort) - Transfer took about 2 hours by car with a short boat at the end to the island.

Bangka vs Bunaken ? Very different: Bunaken is really wall diving as opposed to Bangka which is mostly sloping reefs and pinnacles - Both have very good macro life and limited pelagics in my experience; both are very good :)

If you come all the way from the US you may want to do both !

Some Bunaken area based resorts occasionally do make a day trip up to Bankga upon request. But you will need to have enough people to fill the boat and there will be fuel surcharge because it is over an hour by boat.

And one could make a day trip from Lembeh as well by boat.

Check with the resort.

Do as many night dives as you can at Lembeh. We saw a crab spawning.

if you are 1st timer in Manado. Do Bunaken. specially since you stay in Lembeh for a week, arrange with your dive operator to go to Bangka for a day.

if you are 1st timer in Manado. Do Bunaken. and since you stay in Lembeh for a week, arrange with your dive operator to go to Bangka for a day.

I really like the diving in the Bangka area. This includes not just Bangka Island but several of the Northern Sulawesi sites such as Pulisan. A great place to stay is Gangga Island Resort. Their boats dive the Bangka and Northern Sulawesi dive sites as well as make day trips to Bunaken and Lembeh. The day trip boats from Bunaken only dive a limited number number of sites which are typically Pulisan, Paradise Reef, and Sahaung I. If you can try to get some dives in at Batu Gosoh. It is a fantastic dive site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom