Banked nitrox in the Keys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

here's a list that our gang uses in key largo: scuba outlet(bank 36), quiescence(30), ocean divers(32) and scuba tech, our preferred provider(36 or less),,,

reefman
key largo

here's a list that our gang uses in key largo: scuba outlet(bank 36), quiescence(30), ocean divers(32) and scuba tech, our preferred provider(36 or less),,,

reefman
key largo

Reefman: do any of these turn around the fills while you wait or do you have to leave your tanks overnight?

flspy: I also know Conch Republic banks 30-32% and Rainbow Reef banks about the same though the fills seem light from RR (e.g. only 3,000 psi). Unless things have changed in the last year, Silent World partial blends.

If you go to Ocean Divers after 9 AM & Before 1130 AM -OR- After 1:30 PM and before 4:30 PM you have a good chance of them filling while you wait.

If you do not go during the times I mentioned the staff are turning around 2 or 3 dive boats and will not have time to do it.

Make sure Hydros and VIP's are current.

Reefman: do any of these turn around the fills while you wait or do you have to leave your tanks overnight?

flspy: I also know Conch Republic banks 30-32% and Rainbow Reef banks about the same though the fills seem light from RR (e.g. only 3,000 psi). Unless things have changed in the last year, Silent World partial blends.

good advice on OD in post # 6(there is always someone filling tanks in the cage). scuba outlet and scuba tech will often fill while you wait(I rarely use quiescence, 30EAN just doesn't work for me), however, most of us have HP steels requiring a little more time for adequate fills so we leave them overnite or drop off in the AM for a PM pickup, and use backup aluminum 80's in a pinch. cost is also an issue, and no one in the upper keys beats scuba tech @ $7.99 for a 15 fill nitrox card(up to 36EAN) regardless of cylinder size(we have 100HP steels). second is scuba outlet @ $10 a fill, no fill card required, and as with scuba tech, regardless of tank size(up to 36EAN),,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Thx reefman. I got sticker shock on my last trip to Key Largo a few weeks ago: I am used to paying $7 per nitrox fill at Jupiter Dive Center via a prepaid 25 count fill card for my 100 cf and 120 tanks. JDC usually banks 34-36% as well. I liked diving with Horizon but when the two tanks cost $32 to fill at the end of the day, I almost fainted.

Besides Nitrox, I feel compelled to mention our experience with Ocean Divers is 5 stars. great people.

Breakfast upstairs is pretty good too and the view is great. Consider grabbing a sandwich for lunch at Doc's nearby around MM100.

After diving, Snooks on the Gulf side has the best sunset.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom