Bantayan Island, Cebu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhadamantus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
still no diving there? is the beach still deserted? has it become overcrowded (hope not). the last time i visited the place was 18 years ago; stayed at Sta. Fe beach resort for free!

does the beach still have overwhelming supply of bokyas? argggh, hated them so.

shugar:
what are bokyas? are they anything like the stuff pak and v go for at white beach?

Jag
IIRC, bokya is a bisaya term for jellyfish. A lot of these bokyas wash up to shore in the afternoon - not sure why.

oh, what do they call jellyfish in tagalog, btw? :D

Maggie,
Are you thinking of going to Bantayan Island? I've never been there, but I hear the beaches are really nice.

ive been there when i was 9 years old. but that was too young to appreciate the beauty of secluded beaches and white sand. what i can remember about bantayan though was that they prepare lots of LECHON on a Good Friday. and people celebrated it with lots of food and dancing.

david and i are finalizing our august holiday. bantayan and malapascua seem so far away from everything else. so im still researching if it is worth the trip, the time, and money.

rhadamantus:
ive been there when i was 9 years old. but that was too young to appreciate the beauty of secluded beaches and white sand. what i can remember about bantayan though was that they prepare lots of LECHON on a Good Friday. and people celebrated it with lots of food and dancing.

david and i are finalizing our august holiday. bantayan and malapascua seem so far away from everything else. so im still researching if it is worth the trip, the time, and money.
Cabilao Island, Maggie. Dennis called up to say it was super..the best dive he did in the PI.

koya, thanks. we do have bohol in our list already. hes never been there (ive been there four times but never dove) so itl be such a waste to skip it. so many things to do in bohol.

is southern leyte (sogod) recommended for novice divers? Sogod bay resort's giving 20% off discount on both accom and diving. :) pretty tempting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom