Bare cuff rings....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hex92

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a Bare Nex-Gen and I finally figured out why my wrist seals leak. They come in 3 different sizes. My suit has large wrist seals (its an XL tall) and my wrists are medium.

So after going back and forth with the factory I think I am going to send back my suit to get cuff rings (w/ medium seals) put on my suit. It will cost me $99 cdn + shipping. Apparently their cuff ring system will allow me to swap seals easily in case I tear one, and it will mate with dry glove rings.

Does anyone have the bare cuff ring system? What do you think of it?

I have the rings on my DUI suit. The Rings are made by Si-Tech. They are good. I am getting used to them. The one negitive I have is that you need a lot of force to connect the glove's ring to the suit ring.

Eric

Hate to revive an old thread .. but ..:)

Has anyone use these for replacing seals in the field. Do they work as advertised?

Not interested in comments about glove systems.:)

I had a friend that had a Typhoon suit that had a ring system for the neck and wrist seals and he was able to replace the seals in the field with no problems. The o-rings can be a pain in the *** to get in place but he was able to do it on the back of a rolling dive boat.

Update: I had Bare install the cuff rings.

I haven't had to replace a seal yet. I actually don't have any spare seals so if I tore one on the boat I wouldn't be able to do a field repair anyway. But I do keep my dry gloves with me so if I tore a seal I would make my next dive(s) with at least one dry glove on.

FWIW: It doesn't look like it would be too hard.

hex92:
Update: I had Bare install the cuff rings.

I haven't had to replace a seal yet. I actually don't have any spare seals so if I tore one on the boat I wouldn't be able to do a field repair anyway. But I do keep my dry gloves with me so if I tore a seal I would make my next dive(s) with at least one dry glove on.

FWIW: It doesn't look like it would be too hard.

If you need seals, give me a ring.

Back
Top Bottom