Bare Reactive 5mm leg sleeve sticking to suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tucsonwilly

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Bare Reactive.jpeg

I have 3mm and 5mm Bare Reactive wet suits that I bought last fall. The 3mm I have used many times and it has been fantastic. However, I just used the 5mm this weekend (I ended up using my dry suit in late fall and during the winter) and when I put it on for the first time the sleeves that "hug" the ankles to minimize water flow were stuck to the outer suit area. They are made of the same material and were stuck together so much that a good portion of the material ripped away from the inner layer and became part of the outer layer.

Since I was on the boat when this happen I continued to use the suit and it was warm and comfortable in waters in the mid to low 60's. The suit was on a hanger all of the time, was in an environment that was between 70 and 80 degrees, and low humidity. Has this happened to anyone else?

I have the same suit in a 7 mil and have had no issues. I know at one time there was an issue with the zippers on them but they have fixed those. But that is the only issues I have heard about them. I know that they were fast to fix the zippers of the three instructors I know that had the older model.

So I would suggest contacting them and letting them know.

Exact same thing has happened to my 7MM Reactive suit. On both the arms and the legs. I have rinsed it with fresh water between the layers and it still occurs. It keeps getting worse.

I love the suit in the water, very warm and comfortable, but I've had a ton of issues with it including two replacements/repairs because of the aforementioned zipper. I overlooked the zipper issues and went with a Bare X-Mission dry suit and am hoping I don't come to regret that (expensive) decision...

View attachment 410098

I have 3mm and 5mm Bare Reactive wet suits that I bought last fall. The 3mm I have used many times and it has been fantastic. However, I just used the 5mm this weekend (I ended up using my dry suit in late fall and during the winter) and when I put it on for the first time the sleeves that "hug" the ankles to minimize water flow were stuck to the outer suit area. They are made of the same material and were stuck together so much that a good portion of the material ripped away from the inner layer and became part of the outer layer.

Since I was on the boat when this happen I continued to use the suit and it was warm and comfortable in waters in the mid to low 60's. The suit was on a hanger all of the time, was in an environment that was between 70 and 80 degrees, and low humidity. Has this happened to anyone else?

As an update, Bare made good on the suit and has replaced it. Thank you BARE!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom