Basic Nitrox O2 Analyzer Choice

Which of these gives the best Value for $ over the life of the product. (i.e. replacement sensors)?

• Nuvair O2 Quickstick Oxygen Analyzer

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Nuvair Pro O2 Analyzer - Handheld

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Analox O2EII Pro Nitrox Analyzer

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Maxtec MAXO2 + Oxygen Analyzer

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Maxtec "Handi"+ Hand Held Oxygen Analyzer

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Palm D Oxygen Analyzer

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • DiveNav Nitroxbuddy

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • EL Cheapo II Analyzer Kit

Votes: 18 32.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where did you get your clear plastic box and soldering pen? I like your description of your construction.
I googled "plastic project boxes for electronics" and bought a 155x90x50mm weatherproof box with clear cover for about $8. Note: my box is quite a bit deeper than the plastic shell supplied with the kit from OxyCheq. And much larger than the commercial O2 analyzers that are more like the size of a sausage. The soldering pen was from Amazon, as I recall.

How many people have their own analyzer? I ask because Im recently nitrox certified and the dive boat had an analyzer to use and then fill out their paperwork. Is there an added benefit besides using the potentially annoying and crappy one the dive boat has?

My buddy's CooTwo is junk and you'll never get any response from the company - he sure hasn't. Some of the problems are just bad quality control, some are bad design. I wouldn't take one if you gave it to me.

FWIW, Palm D is simple and has a great form factor to fit in one of those small peli cases but most anything OTHER than the CooTwo would be fine for me.
Funny, I love my Cootwo and have had zero issues with it. I did initially have some difficulty contacting them for calibration, but once I sorted out their aggressive spam filtering with them (they do need to fix that), I had no issue and communication was prompt.

How many people have their own analyzer? I ask because Im recently nitrox certified and the dive boat had an analyzer to use and then fill out their paperwork. Is there an added benefit besides using the potentially annoying and crappy one the dive boat has?
If I was just checking O2, I’d see no real reason for my own analyzer - but I like to check for CO as well so I like using my CooTwo to analyze for both at the same time.

Any cheaper alternative for CooTwo?

Been diving enriched air for 4 years I’m just now looking at analyzers and will probably build my own using an Arduino board. The only reason I’m getting my own at this point is because I will be mixing my own gas. Anywhere that does Nitrox fills should have an analyzer, so I don’t see it as a necessity to own your own.
Funny, I love my Cootwo and have had zero issues with it. I did initially have some difficulty contacting them for calibration, but once I sorted out their aggressive spam filtering with them (they do need to fix that), I had no issue and communication was prompt.
Tried to contact them a few times in the past six months.....nothing...... they are off my list of potential vendors now.

Are we sure its not possible to dona arduino O2 and CO analyzer for less 150$ i mean u can do clearly more features on it...

the potentially annoying and crappy one the dive boat has?
Why do you think it is potentially annoying and crappy?

Back
Top Bottom