basic question but dunno

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Slym

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just putting together my stage bottle and where can I get a replacement bungee that holds the hose to the tank? Mine broke and I assume it is something I can find at home depot or something right? What am I looking for?

I get mine from a general sports shop that sells camping and climbing gear. That's also where I get line for my reels and spools.

R..

Go to a tyre (tire) fitter and get an old car inner tube. Cut to the width you want. Costs nothing! Been using them for 25 years.

If you dive in cold water, it's worth to get straps with a tab on it so you don't need to dig in with the gloved fingers to get a grip.

You can find them all over if you don't want to make your own from car inner tube and some pieces of harness.

Agree. DGX has the stretchy fabric ones with a tab. I find the EPDM ones a bit difficult to manipulate. True, they are a bit more secure and I do like them for bailouts, where it's unlikely I'm have to deploy/restow on a dive, and if I do, I don't mind a little more trouble restowing.

But for stages where I plan to be using them on the dive, I find the epdm ones somewhat more awkward with gloves, and prone to bending a fingernail back or something if barehanded. Call me wimp.

I just take some thicker bungee cord (5mm? I think), cut it to the right length and tie the ends together in a basic overhand knot. It holds the hose just fine and the big knot is easy to grab with gloves on.

I just take some thicker bungee cord (5mm? I think), cut it to the right length and tie the ends together in a basic overhand knot. It holds the hose just fine and the big knot is easy to grab with gloves on.
+1

The only thing about using bungee is that it tends to roll and move around on the cylinder, so I prefer the flat ones.

However, I have made bungee work when I tie it into the strap on the stage rigging so that it can't move around. Otherwise, when you deploy a hose it can end up around the cylinder neck. I agree that it is much more comfortable to grab bungee.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom