Batangas to Sabang ferry discontinued July 1?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divenut1959

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I heard that effective July 1 ferry traffic will stop going to Sabang pier from Batangas due to the wooden bancas no longer in service being replaced with larger fiberglass "fast boats"? I understand the pier is not suitable for these new boats docking in Sabang. That said can anyone tell me the new schedules for the new boats, have they changed?, if final destination is Sabang will there be a shuttle service from Muelle Pier in Puerto Galera to Sabang pier?

I received this update from the owner of the airbnb where I will be staying next week arriving on July 6. Maybe the dive shops in Sabang monitoring this forum can provide further details.

Thank you

This is the first I've heard of this change in boats to Puerto Galera. I've been to both piers and really didn't notice any major difference in them that would make Muelle pier the only option. If you have to go to Muelle pier you can get a tuk tuk to Sabang for about 150-- 200 pesos or so--it's only a 15 minute ride away. Or better yet ask your dive op if they can send a boat over to Muelle pier to pick you up.

+bshort

Arrange private boat through your hotel/dive op from Berberabe to Sabang, or you can just hire a private banca from Berberabe. The going rate is P 3,500. We always use private banca for with 4 to 6 ppl in our group, and sometimes take a few "stragglers" with us who need a ride. Helps keep cost down. Plus, no hassle of the public ferry boarding process.

Mulle pier can handle hydrofoil because the water is deeper.
If anyone is in a hurry then there is scheduled sea plane plying the route and it is not expensive(P5,500.00). The combined car and boat from Manila is at least P6,500.00 and take 3hrs. The sea plane only takes 30mins.

I would note that Air Juan from Manila Bay to PG is about P 5,500 per person with 33kg total baggage included. Baggage capacity may be limited depending on number of passengers. But it's a totally awesome way to get there if it fits your plans. My friend here uses Air Juan often, really likes it :thumb:

I have the number for a Banca captain who runs between Berberabe and Sabang. Just PM me if you'd like the info.

Safe travels Divenut!

Just went on one today for the last time I suppose. I heard fibreglass not acceptable, has to be metal.
Nobody seems to know information, not surprising here .
Everyone assumes there is a metal ferry operating to muelle tomorrow

Just went on one today for the last time I suppose. I heard fibreglass not acceptable, has to be metal.
Nobody seems to know information, not surprising here .
Everyone assumes there is a metal ferry operating to muelle tomorrow

And of course it dang near impossible to find any current or reliable info online around here.... this is probably my only major gripe out here....

Here is some current information I found on FB.

Not the best news for PG and Sabang. Between the brownouts, water problems and road between PG and Sabang in terrible condition. Things don't seem to be improving.
36333895_10214398522948177_2667907184603430912_n.jpg

36333895_10214398522948177_2667907184603430912_n.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom