Batteries for D9 Tank Unit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BoltSnap

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Suunto,

1. How long does the D9 Tank unit/transmitter last?

2. How do I know that it is time to change the batteries for the Tank unit?

3. Is the change done by the dealer or does it have to be sent back to Suunto?

I don't believe the wrist unit will show the transmitters battery condition. I have been able to get 3+ years from my transmitter battery. I actually haven't had a battery in my transmitter go dead instead I just replace it when my D9 needs a battery change.

I changed out both at the same time... Better safe than sorry. But yes the transmitter sends out a low battery warning to the D9, the pressure reading changes to "lo batt" intermittently when the transmitter battery needs changing (page56 of the manual). They suggest a battery lifespan of 2years with use 3 years in storage.

BurhanMuntasser,

tanksforthememories is correct. Your local dealer can replace the battery in the transmitter, but not in the D9. I recommend that when you service one you should service the other. If you have your local dealer replace the battery, please make sure that they are using the transmitter battery kit. Which includes: A new outer housing, inner o-ring, battery, and outer o-ring).
When the time is due for your computer and transmitter to be serviced you can locate the nearest authorized service center to you from the link provided. Suunto Dealer Locator
If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

I changed out both at the same time... Better safe than sorry. But yes the transmitter sends out a low battery warning to the D9, the pressure reading changes to "lo batt" intermittently when the transmitter battery needs changing (page56 of the manual). They suggest a battery lifespan of 2years with use 3 years in storage.

Learn something new everyday. Is that feature on the "old" style d9 or just the new ones?

Skooter,

That is a function of the original D9 as well as the D9tx.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Back
Top Bottom