Batteries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
fred32176

fred32176

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
How do folks keep track of what batteries and rechargers are for which piece of equipment? Do you keep you extra batteries fully charged or only charge fully before you need it? Do you keep your spare batteries at home? Keep some spare batteries in your save-a-dive kit? Do you ever take spare batteries on a dive boat? What about SD cards for cameras?

Batteries, charges and SD cards seem to accumulate slowly and it never seems necessary to organize them until you need to charge two or three things for your next dive.

18650s are labeled numerically, larger batteries (Scooter, Can lights, heat batteries labeled by serial number), once a year stress test for capacitance, store between 40-80% between uses. Extra batteries depend on location and "need." Big trips would get a backup primary. Spares kit contains spare spare energizer lithium ion for Shearwater and transmitter batteries.

I always keep them charged. I keep most of the spares at home, but I found a little waterproof case for 18650s on ebay for a few dollars that I keep in my dive bag just in case.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom