battery change on suunto stinger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@ScubaParrot,

By the time I'm writing this, we've discussed your case over the phone and I helped you to get your Stinger back in Dive Mode. But for those other owners of Suunto Stingers that might run into a similar situation, I would suggest going into SET mode, scrolling through TIME, and ALARMS, etc., and when you get to EAN verify that your Stinger is not in OFF mode. If this is the case, simply push the lower right pushbutton and the OFF mode will change into ON, and.... voila...the computer is enabled to dive again.

@ScubaParrot,

By the time I'm writing this, we've discussed your case over the phone and I helped you to get your Stinger back in Dive Mode. But for those other owners of Suunto Stingers that might run into a similar situation, I would suggest going into SET mode, scrolling through TIME, and ALARMS, etc., and when you get to EAN verify that your Stinger is not in OFF mode. If this is the case, simply push the lower right pushbutton and the OFF mode will change into ON, and.... voila...the computer is enabled to dive again.
Yes, the battery going dead forced the watch into EAN OFF mode.
DIVEWATCHDOCTOR.COM ( Arturo) was very very helpful and professional and I would not hesitate to use his services in the future.
thank you again Arturo for your kind assist with this

Now, all I need is to find a pinout for a connector cable for the stinger.

Now, all I need is to find a pinout for a connector cable for the stinger.
Looks like I found one in Germany

Looks like I found one in Germany

Might be cheaper to buy a new computer 😃

Might be cheaper to buy a new computer 😃
If you could find a stainless steel Stinger.
I've had this computer from the first day they were made and it has served me well.
and on it is all my dives, so time for a cable.

If you could find a stainless steel Stinger.
I've had this computer from the first day they were made and it has served me well.
and on it is all my dives, so time for a cable.
Stainless stingers aren't hard to find.

I have a titanium stinger. I sent it to DiveWatchDoctor last year along with a stainless stinger so he could gut the stainless one to keep the titanium stinger going (the first present my wife ever bought me, she used the tips working on a liveaboard dive boat to buy it for me) which I wear every day.

It's the buttons for the titanium that are hard to come by, and of course, the upper right is the one that's cranky and old, like me.

@Wookie,

Frank, next time your titanium Stinger needs to be serviced send it our way. We do have the tool to unscrew the pushbuttons and clean the usually rusted spring and lubricate. That's what makes it cranky. Worst case scenario, we can always use one of your wife's SS Stinger pushbutton springs to replace yours.

@Wookie,

Frank, next time your titanium Stinger needs to be serviced send it our way. We do have the tool to unscrew the pushbuttons and clean the usually rusted spring and lubricate. That's what makes it cranky. Worst case scenario, we can always use one of your wife's SS Stinger pushbutton springs to replace yours.
It would only come to you, Arturo. I will wear this watch until you retire.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom