Battery charging...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WetPup

Weedy Sea Dragon
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Brand new Video Pro 6+...

After 1 and a bit dives, indicator on the dive light shows low battery. As expected.

Put battery into charger that came with the light and the indicator on the charger stays green, suggesting it's fully charged (when it obviously isn't), and so it won't charge the battery.

It's all brand new, and the batteries came with the light. It is happening with both the batteries that came with the light. Neither was allowed to run down to nothing before I tried to recharge. Both were removed while on the orange power warning level, so still held charge before I tried to recharge them

Ideas?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi, Hope you figured this one out.

After you place a battery in the charger before plugging into the wall the light should turn green. Then The battery charger for the pro6+ should turn red while charging. When the charge cycle ends, the LED should turn green again.

If this does not happen then the batteries or the charger is bad, unless you actually have a pro6 (not plus) which has a different charger.

I would try another charger if one is available.

After two years of use, one of my 32650 batteries exhibited this behavior and the battery is bad and will no longer discharge correctly in the light nor recharge with the OEM charger. I can recharge with a different charger, however. Still the battery is bad and the protection circuit activates immediately when placed in the light.

Frankly, I think that the charger that came with the light is not good. Worth buying a better charger.

Cheers,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom