Battery Problems with the DX-1G

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ComProg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I am having problems with my DX-1G recognizing my batteries....I bought new ones and the same problem exists...I put in the battery and close the cover and it does not show the battery is even there. I put a spacer in the top to push the battery down and it will some times work. It does not matter what battery I put in it will work some of the time but not all the time...

Does this mean I need to get the camera serviced? or is there something I can do to fix it myself?

THank you in advance.

I have several third-party batteries for my DX-1G and they all work perfectly. Does the camera work with the battery that came with it? If it does, then the problem may be with the third-party batteries that you have. If the camera has a problem with the original battery, I would guess that it is a problem that requires service.

Regards,

Bill

Are you sure the batteries are the problem? maybe your charger is not functioning and all your batteries are fully discharged. If you have access to a volt meter you can easily check the batteries. Between the ground (middle) and plus (innermost) contact you should have about 4 volts. Between ground and minus (outermost contact) I measure zero volts. I have one original Ricoh battery that came with the camera and 2 OEM batteries and never had a problem.

Great suggestion gustele. I should have thought of that. ComProg, if the charger is the problem, check on ebay (search for DX-1G) and you will find several venders that sell batteries and battery chargers.

BTW guestele, you asked about the fisheye lens I bought a while back, I used it in Fiji and really liked the results. The lens really lets you get up close to the subject and get more light coverage from the strobes.

Here is a picture taken with the lens.

showfull.php

With the Sea&Sea wide angle lens, I would have never captured the fan and all the soft corals in one picture.

Regards,

Bill

Well, it did show but the picture is small. You can see the pic in my "photos" link under my name on the left hand panel. It is located in the Fiji 2010 folder.

Regards,

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom