Bauer Junior problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Thanks in advance for any help. My son bought a Bauer Junior and after replacing the pmv because of bad threads, it still will not get air to the outlet. When pressure builds It is released from the valve on top of the water separator. I think the 3rd stage intake valve is stopped up. I have experience with lower pressure compressors but this is a new game. Before I do more damage than good, any input help would be much appreciated.

Which separator relief is lifting? If the final separator (often gold anodized) than I would say your final filter, sintered filter, or pmv is at fault. If it’s the separator between the second and third stage, I think it’s more likely that the third stage suction valve is stuck open. Either way, the solution is the same, take the valve apart and clean replace it.

Thanks for the input. I pulled the third stage head and found both valves to be a chunk of rust. Funny how someone could confuse 15 min drain intervals with fifteen year intervals. Anyway, I have to order valves. that is not too bad. What really bothers me is the fact that when the over pressure valve for 2nd stage started popping, the po removed the wire and tried to adjust the over pressure valve. That is $122.00 I have to spend to buy a valve to replace a perfect valve just out of adjustment. Oh yeah, sorry about posting this in the wrong place.

Thanks for the input. I pulled the third stage head and found both valves to be a chunk of rust. Funny how someone could confuse 15 min drain intervals with fifteen year intervals. Anyway, I have to order valves. that is not too bad. What really bothers me is the fact that when the over pressure valve for 2nd stage started popping, the po removed the wire and tried to adjust the over pressure valve. That is $122.00 I have to spend to buy a valve to replace a perfect valve just out of adjustment. Oh yeah, sorry about posting this in the wrong place.

Why do you think you have to replace the valve, rather than readjusting it? Also, I'm willing to bet Porter Stiles at August Industries has an OPV for less than that. Finally, where are you? If you are close enough, perhaps I can help.

I talked to Casey at August Industries. He said no one will adjust the valve. I am in Toccoa GA USA northeast Georgia' my son owns Deep Adventures Scuba LLC. He is wanting to get a compressor going so he will not have to drive 100 miles for air. He teaches diving and is teaching the county rescue divers.

I talked to Casey at August Industries. He said no one will adjust the valve. I am in Toccoa GA USA northeast Georgia' my son owns Deep Adventures Scuba LLC. He is wanting to get a compressor going so he will not have to drive 100 miles for air. He teaches diving and is teaching the county rescue divers.

Well, nobody commercial will adjust it, perhaps, but it's possible that you could depending on what kind of OPV it is. (I have. There are even rebuilt kits available for some of mine.) However, I'd look to them for a used replacement at a reasonable price. New, I'd go to them or to Filter Techs in Florida. Ray Contrera can probably help, too, but for Bauer August and FT are perhaps your best options.

Thanks John. If we get this thing working right we may sell it and take out a mortgage and buy a new larger unit. That will take a lot of shopping now that we are more aware of maintenance costs.
George

Just so yall know, My pops is the coolest guy there is. All my compressors run great and I am Pumping OCA rated air now thanks to him. I appreciate yalls help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom