Bavaria Fun II by IDE compressors??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ventingmto crankcase and no significant actual helium loss is how I though all compressors work.

My Junior 2 is now 20 years old and has well over 1000 hours of use. Due to the 8 rings on the 3rd stage piston,
Michael

I see this as part of the illusion. Your 20 years of use and only 1000 hours on the clock works out at one hours running a week.
That's say one fill a week each week on average for the last 20 years is.hardly due to the eight rings.
The lightest of use more like. Heck a candle would last as long in bright sun shine if you dont use it.
You could just as easy argue over 20 years it doesnt use much gas or oil or filters or spares at that rate of use.

By comparison a small dive operation on average would achieve your 1000 hours in two years, with the compressor sized pro rata to the to the size of the operation and the number of cylinders being filled.

BTW Bauer certainly makes compressors for pumping He to 350Bar - the G Series with throughputs from 70LPM to 1520LPM.
Helium- und Argonkompressoren: Luftgekühlte Hochdruck Verdichter

Michael

Any compressor will compress helium if you stick it in the intake most if not all will use less power while doing so, Now I guess you know why the oversize oil coolers are fitted to the K series, and the gas contamination problems, overheating oil when pumping Helium when the blow-by bypasses the aftercollers. and the hot gas returns back up into the inlet side of the valve. and so the temperature ramps up.
And the hot gas off the pistons also burns the oil film on the liner creating even more contamination to a gas that was pretty pure before it got jammed out the piston gap. I guess you know now what the big filter plant is there for. Sure as heck cant be water vapour.

What is the scubabord forum mantra is for compressing helium.......It runs hot.
Now at least you know why.

Exactly! I am looking for a compressor for private/light use. I would like to be able to pump helium with it, but hours will be reasonably low. And I won't be using it in a yacht.
@iain/hsm do you have anything you can suggest as a good alternative for me?

my belief that the only small compressors that work and will still be working 20 years from now are the Bauer Junior II and the LW 100.
Michael

Proven fact if you only fill one cylinder a week I guess

But getting back to the OP question of the Bavaria Fun.
For fun If you compare the difference between the Bavaria Fun block and the L&W 100 block
Apart from the cover plate hot burn guard on the L&W first stage (see blow-by I guess LOL)
and the slight differences in the plastic oil filler plug and drain knobs, just take a careful look at the
builds and spot any differences, apart for the MADE in China lable thats missing.

Then we can discuss who indeed makes this block and the various block oprions and varients
made available to each of the compressor brands you lot line up to purchase.
I guess when your not doing much in the paint ball compressor sales there is always divers who will pay a premium for a quality made in China rebadged brand lable, sorry Austria sorry Germany blue pill model

Sorry Iain,
I'm still not sure what you are trying to say, and am sure that you don't know either.
Do you have engineering drawings for every part in a L&W 100, including manufacturing tolerances and specs to all the materials used, and can compare them to the same information for the Bavaria Fun, or are you just talking to hear yourself talk.

Michael

Sorry Iain,
I'm still not sure what you are trying to say, and am sure that you don't know either.
Do you have engineering drawings for every part in a L&W 100, including manufacturing tolerances and specs to all the materials used, and can compare them to the same information for the Bavaria Fun, or are you just talking to hear yourself talk.

Michael

Michael.
All I'm saying is all I can that is useful in consideration to the forum OP, but I think its common knowledge that the engineering drawings (that is machine drawings with both material and tolerances) have been out in the field so to speak for sometime.
Maybe it was the price paid for changing your sub contracted engineering services, maybe it was just a careless dump of drawings onto a spare stick. But no one is going to admit one way or the other on an open forum what you are asking (Or indeed in private) consider the evidence for yourself make up your own mind.

For the OP's position what does it matter if like yourself he will be using it for light use one fill a week heck even the Coltri and the Nardi could handle that.

But for the OP's consideration is that we would not be having these comments if the Bavaria Fun model 1 was still being manufactured, its only the Model 2 that we can say this about.
And again if you are considering the Bavaria make sure its the model 2 it is very much different that the model one

One more thing as if to prove a point so to speak if "we" as a forum group came up with our own compressor
design requirement from "members" submission of requirements would that help convince you that the "block" design is out and about and doing thr rounds of "interested parties". Just saying.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom