Bay of Plenty in January- water temps???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ozzydamo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Heading to NZ in January next year, be doing some dives out of the bay of plenty, be taking photos too(chumming Makos). What kind of water temps are usual at that time of year, over there?

Mihimihi,
Damo ps- it's about what suit to wear really, might even pick up a local Atlantis brand suit, 2 piece for here(brisso) in the winter like a freezing 22*c!

ah bro if we got 22C plus all you Aussies would be over here all the time. thats about as warm as you can expect it. 3mm shortie will do you:wink:

you might get 22 if you are lucky! expect 20-21 and if you are going to be in the water for a while, bring that 2 piece.
is it a 5/7?

you might get 22 if you are lucky! expect 20-21 and if you are going to be in the water for a while, bring that 2 piece.
is it a 5/7?
Luck is a by-product of clever planning! lol

my suit, it's a back zipped one piece number, mares 753, with boots and hood....
I am keen to buy a kiwi 2piece suit Atlantis 7mm, if my size fits it properly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom