BBC article about reef destruction. :(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am very sad facts that happen in the world, I had not read this news and I was shocked as I was when I saw the documentary Racing extinction,what a shame what they can do pieces of paper and power.....

Watched the BBC news yesterday too... they are building militery base there...

The sad news is, it's quite near to one of the most beautiful island around the coral triangle near Borneo where hundreds and hundreds of hammerhead sharks go.

Check out swallow reef or Pulau Layang Layang.... it's where all the "Chinese" island located.

It's near to my country.... :-(
If your country did not put a resort as well as a naval base on Lyang Lyang, the commie china would have made a claim for it.
Look what happen to Scarborough Shoal in Philippines!!
We, Hongkongers/Hong Konges, know how to deal with them!!!!!

i saw this a felt very upset.

our only hope is that the chinese people evolve quickly. what i mean by that is saying no to "traditional" medicines ie ground up seahorses to help you satisfy your woman / man.
that people understand the affect they have on the environment, which there are signs of young chinese people saying no to shark fin soup.

lack of demand is the only way to stop these practices and by raising awareness and imo chinese people getting interested in scuba diving etc is one of the best ways.

---------- Post added December 17th, 2015 at 11:49 AM ----------

also i think this thread should be in basic scuba as i believe that gets the most traffic, and it has to be in the forum's interest to have as many people see this as possible.

---------- Post added December 17th, 2015 at 11:49 AM ----------

also i think this thread should be in basic scuba as i believe that gets the most traffic, and it has to be in the forum's interest to have as many people see this as possible.

That was why I put it in the Philippines forum and the China forum. I figured the more people that saw it the better. But I guess that was a no no. I'm fine with it being moved anywhere it will get the most traffic.

Back
Top Bottom