BC Accessories not available?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leon7997

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am researching the purchase of a Balance BC, and my dive shop owner asked his Aqualung rep about my desire to add a second lower dump valve by installing part number 42754. The rep replied that adding that kit was not possible. I am puzzled as to why, since in your downloadable 2011 catalog, where I found the part number, that part is listed as an "accessory", rather than a "repair part" or "service kit". If I cannot order my new BC with this kit installed by the factory, can I purchase it separately and install it myself, or would that void the warranty? Or can it be installed by my dive shop, and preserve the warranty ? I assume dive shop people can install some items, such as retrofitting an AirSource to a previously-purchased BC, so why not a dump valve kit?

ok, for those of you thinking Aqualung is slow in answering this question, i just got an email reply from their customer support dept., explaining that part number for the dump valve is a replacement part designed only for older Balance BCs before they got the new e-flat valves, and as such are not compatible with the current model ... and since dump valves are installed on the bladder before assembly of the bladder into the rest of the BC at the factory, it is not a DIY item ... kudos to Aqualung for prompt response !

I was just about to answer your question, but it looks like you and the Aqua Lung Customer Service team beat me to the punch! Thanks Leon7997!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom